can't use CVHD avis encoded with interlaced frame format in WMP and AE at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 4th, 2005, 03:29 AM   #1
Tourist

can't use CVHD avis encoded with interlaced frame format in WMP and AE

Hi folks

i'm playing around with the aspectHD demo for a few days now and its a really great piece of software. but i do have a problem with it i can't solve.

when i transcode a m2t file (shot with a Sony HVR-Z1E) in HDLink using interlaced frame format, the resulting CFHD avi works fine within premiere pro but when i try to export the project to after effects 6.5.1 the video is completly screwd up. same thing happens when i play such a transcoded file in windows media player. just a whole lot of digital noise going on.

when i encode the same m2t file with the progressive frame format setting then everything works out fine (in AE and WMP) but the resulting file only has half the file size of the interlaced processed CFHD avi.

but since i shot the material in interlaced mode (50i) then it's supposed to be processed as such - right? my guess is that something is wrong with the direct show filter since only the interlaced CVHD files don't work as they are supposed to. any suggestions?

thanks in advance
Tobias Schaarschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2005, 09:42 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

This sounds like you have an AMD, Pentium-M or another non-P4 based system. There was a bug in Aspect HD 3.2 for interlaced encoding on non-P4s. Aspect HD 3.3 has fixed that bug (free download.) You will need to recapture that interlaced footage under 3.3. Note: if you have older footage (3.1 or early) that will continue to work fine.
Old September 5th, 2005, 09:19 AM   #3
Tourist

Thanx for your help David!

You were right. I do have a Pentium-M.

Now recapturing 100GB source material:-)
Tobias Schaarschmidt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase