DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Cineform Studio Premium questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/505125-cineform-studio-premium-questions.html)

Brian Parker February 9th, 2012 03:33 AM

Cineform Studio Premium questions

I have just upgraded to Cineform Studio Premium (CSP). I have looked at the knowledge base but don't see much info about this product yet, so am posting my questions here.

1. There is still an option to add PP cineform source presets. I was told that these weren't necessary anymore, and that desktop editing was better (nested cineform sequences were crashing PP). Has anything changed? Do these work now?

2. Is it possible to open a First Light project in CSP? It appears not. Is there a workflow for how to get previously color corrected stuff into new CSP projects?

3. In the Editing tab there is a db dropdown list. "Manage..." doesn't do anything. How is this supposed to work?

Brian Parker February 9th, 2012 03:58 AM

Re: Cineform Studio Premium questions

4. The full screen mode looks excellent. The only problem is is that when I click on the video image the Controls panels (Primaries etc) disappear (as I want them to) but clicking again doesn't bring them back. I guess that this is a bug.

5. There is no way to position the RGB waveform overlays yet other than in FL. I guess this is on the to-do list.

Brian Parker February 9th, 2012 04:03 AM

6. For previous versions of NEO we had to add a line of code to AE's configuration somewhere to make it output high bitdepth cineform files. If we uninstalled Neo to install CSP do we have to repeat this process?
Is this step even still necessary?

David Newman February 9th, 2012 10:26 AM

1. Presets are for 3D only now -- default player works fine for 2D
2. No. Nothing planned for this.
3. I don't see "manage..." , just new, branch, delete, import, export & sidecar
4. ESC key bring them back, not a bug
5. The 2x2 radio buttons allow you to select which turn to place each tool in.
6. No longer needed.

Brian Parker February 9th, 2012 07:17 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply. I really like the new interface. Everything feels more user friendly now. Nice to see a white balance picker too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1714207)
3. I don't see "manage..." , just new, branch, delete, import, export & sidecar

I don't see any of those things. I only have "db" and "manage...". The "..." makes me feel like it's going to open some kind of browsing window but nothing happens.

Quote:

4. ESC key bring them back, not a bug
I think I need to explain this more clearly. "Cmd + F" takes me to full screen mode, and pressing it again, or pressing "Esc" take me out of full screen mode. That's fine.
When in full screen mode I can click on the video to hide the "playback controls" and "Primaries control" overlays. That's fine too.
The problem is that when I click on the video again the "Playback controls" return, but the "Primaries Controls" doesn't come back. The only way to get them back is to exit full screen mode and then return to it again. This must be a bug.

Quote:

5. The 2x2 radio buttons allow you to select which turn to place each tool in.
In First Light, yeah? This will come to CSP eventually though, won't it?
May I also request the option to view the scopes not as an overlay, but in a separate viewpane under the actual video display.

David Newman February 9th, 2012 11:31 PM

Are using a Mac?. I can't help much on the Mac, I just used them too rarely.

Brian Parker February 11th, 2012 03:46 AM

Yes, I am using a mac.