New to Cineform having issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 12th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #1
Trustee

New to Cineform having issues

I am trying to use Cineform I have tried it in the past and I never had good luck. I shoot in AVCHD with a Panasonic AG-hmc 150 first of all I need to see if im using the right software for editing in Premiere. I am using neoform 5.5. second of all I always have audio issues the sound has a buzz and is unusable.
ww.youtube.com/watch?v=k-rvp3p9C8A any help would be appreaciated.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: New to Cineform having issues

I haven't tested this yet but I have the same issue with sound buzz with my hd videos from my iPhone 4s. It's audio is mono. I was told to make the audio track stereo first them import into cineform studio.
Gerald OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #3
Trustee

My files are stereo.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Major Player

As mentioned in your other thread in the Adobe Forum, that kind of noise might be the result of an audio mismatch for which there was a simply fix. Here is a thread that describes how to fix the problem if the audio was LPCM from an NX5:

Correct instructions for Cineform to read Sony LPCM Audio with AVCHD [Archive] - The Digital Video Information Network

If that was not your problem, maybe somebody from Cineform/GoPro can suggest a fix?
Jay West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Gotcha.

This was a older post I found when I was searching for this issue it may or may not help you.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...2-support.html

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...dio-avchd.html
Gerald OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Trustee

Randy,

I'm not sure if this has been solved for you. When I first installed Neoscene, I had exactly the same problem - as your clip shows. It didn't matter for me whether it was LPCM or Dolby Stereo source.

I fixed this by installing ac3filter. Google for ac3filter_1_46.exe and it should turn up (there may be a newer version). I think you may need to re-encode your original files to Cineform again, because the audio is corrupted in them.
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #7
Major Player

That is the name of the plug-in that I was trying to remember and that was referenced in the earlier thread. (Sorry my link did not work properly, but thank-you Gerald for providing a functioning link.)

Randy, in your thread on computer upgrades, you indicated that you had tried a plug-in and it did not work. Is ac3-filter the one you tried? If so, have you been able to try re-encoding as Mike suggests? (Ac3 Filter works during encoding; it does not work on an already encoded file. You have to re-encode to Cineform for AC3-Filter to have an effect.) Let us know if this did or did not work.
Jay West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #8
Trustee

Sorry Jay, I missed your link - probably where I got the information from in the first place.

This happened me a couple of times after updates as well, and each time I forgot how it was fixed. I now have a file called "how to fix the clicky sound.txt" in my Cineform folder to help my forgetful mind!
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase