Interlace problem with studio premium at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 16th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Interlace problem with studio premium

I had logged this with Cineform but I thought someone here might have some answers.

If I use mvctoavi to encode a tD10 clip I am them able to correctly deinterlace it in virtualdub or with avisynth.
If I use studio premium to encode I find that trying to deinterlace produces a very messy video. I configured studio to produce interlaced video.

If I import these files into premiere pro and use the interpret footage feature to identify how pp is interpreting the footage I find the clip produced by studio is seen as progressive and the footage produced by mvctoavi is correctly seen as upper field first..

I just tried Vegas Pro and that renders interlaced video ok.

Clearly there is something wrong with the format of interlaced video produced by Studio.

Thanks trevor

Last edited by Trevor Harris; March 16th, 2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: update
Trevor Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Interlace problem with studio premium

I can confirm this bug. It seems to be a bug on a decode though.
Dmitry Kitsov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 06:00 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Interlace problem with studio premium FIXED

Actually I have re-encoded with the latest studio and interlace was ok. I guess I must have encoded with a beta version.

Premiere Pro still does not recognise the clips as interlaced but this is fixed with the interperate footage feature.
Trevor Harris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase