Deinterlacing Confusion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 28th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Deinterlacing Confusion

Sorry to ask this when there is tons of info already written on the topic, but I'm confused.

I have a Canon HV30 that records 24p in a 60i stream. I just downloaded CineForm and removed pulldown on a sample m2t clip.

Some of the sources I read said to chose to remove pulldown only. Shouldn't one also choose to deinterlace?

Last edited by Mark Davidson; April 29th, 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Mark Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Deinterlacing Confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Davidson View Post
Some of the sources I read said to chose to remove pulldown only. Shouldn't one also choose to deinterlace at the same time?
Don't deinterlace; only select remove pulldown.
Eric Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you

I was able to convert two 65MB files to avi and remove pulldown. However, when i try to do a 1.3 GB file, HDLink quickly hangs up with a "not responding" message.

This happens regardless of the quality level chosen. I even deselected the i-frames checkbox.

My Win 7 64-bit computer has plenty of processer, 8GBs of memory and a dedicated video card.

I've turned in a support ticket but will try to remember to post back when the solution is found so other googlers may benefit. I hope they don't tell me to recapture the files using CineForm.

Last edited by Mark Davidson; April 29th, 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Mark Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 05:38 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I tested many more files of all sizes and think I have it figured out.

The files that don't convert appear to have a dropped frame in them. When I watch the m2t files they have a hiccup in them. So the answer is what I didn't want to hear: I need to recapture.

One thing it took me a while to learn is that firewire cables are often bad or partly bad which causes dropped frames.
Mark Davidson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase