Converting RED footage. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 29th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Converting RED footage.

I had a go at using the command line tool for converting RED footage into 2K cineform avi files to intercut with SI2K footage.

I ended up with a postage stamp sized image in the bottom left corner of the frame when I imported the converted file into a Premiere Pro CS5/Cineform 2K 25P project. It looked nice though and all the cineform effects tools seemed to work.

There is no urgency to this request. I am just experimenting.

If someone has the time could it be explained what the -p2 on the end of the command is intended to do. I'm guessing it might have something to do with proxy files or scaling.

I am not so good at using DOS as I used to be. DOS v3.2 was my last visit to that realm.

Last edited by Bob Hart; April 29th, 2012 at 01:56 AM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 03:33 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Converting RED footage.

Footnote to above post. I found that not putting the p2 on the end of the command as shown in the example seemed to fix things as far as image size is concerned.

Any clues on why RED converted into cineform at 4K seems to be less cranky than my 2K cineform footage?

Maybe there is something I am doing wrong in 2K and it is not the computer having a dummy spit after all this time?

4K to 2K RED converts don't seem to re-export to .wmv 1920 x 1080 so well - very blocky, like the worst.

Direct export from 4K projects to 1920 x 1080 .wmv seems fine.

There'll be lots of right ways to go about this. Again, this is not urgent. Any advice will nevertheless be appreciated.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Converting RED footage.

Don't mean to hijack this thread - but - does Remaster on the Mac support Epic/Scarlet ingest? Specifically, does it deal with REDcolor3/REDGamma3 ?
David M. Cole is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase