DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Upgrade plans for CS6? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/507508-upgrade-plans-cs6.html)

Craig Irving May 3rd, 2012 01:28 PM

Upgrade plans for CS6?

I may have missed it, but has an upgrade plan been mentioned yet for CS6?

I didn't upgrade to GoPro Studio, yet. I'm still on Neo4K (although I'm not quite sure how I got myself there since I've never used a 4K camera). With all the acceleration in PPro, I may be re-considering my workflow, so it'd be good to know where Cineform is going.

Thanks,
Craig

David Newman May 6th, 2012 10:19 PM

Re: Upgrade plans for CS6?

CineForm Studio, Premium and Professional, will get CS6 support shortly as part of the next free update. You should upgrade from Neo4K to at least Premium.

Craig Irving May 7th, 2012 05:22 PM

Well, I'm one step closer to just upgrading...but I downloaded a trial of GoPro Studio Premium today and a bug I was experiencing in Neo4K still hasn't been resolved. It won't trim my project. Original project size is 680 gigs and the resulting trimmed project would be 260 gigs, if not for the vague error message I receive in the "trimming" media phase. I thought it could be a problem with 5.5, but now it happens with the CS6 trial too, and only this one project.

Anyone else have trouble with the Project Manager in a Cineform project? Thanks.

Mathew Williams May 8th, 2012 06:42 PM

Hi David, I have NeoScene which has always worked great with CS5.5. I've just tried it with CS6 - I've copied mediacore so I have all my plug-ins etc, and can export cineform avi, the only thing I am unable to do is create (or import) cineform sequences. Will there be an upgrade to Neoscene that will allow me to do so? I only bought Neoscene at the end of last year, it serves my needs and I don't require a more powerful package. Thanks,

Matt

Cristian Derois July 24th, 2012 10:54 AM

I've bought an upgrade to work with CS6, and had some issues with my purchase. But I'm here to thank Mr. Jake Seagraves and Cineform. They have perfect customer support, answers asap, and fix every problem.

My congrats.

Dan Herrmann July 24th, 2012 11:29 PM

Jake is the person who has kept me with Cineform
David states an upgrade will come shortly. it is like CS4 when we never actually received an upgrade to work with CS4...

We use to receive updates every month. David says shortly but I would appreciate a time frame, I am always starting new projects and knowing a CS6 compatable update is coming may have me rearrange schedules on certain work.

When David...weeks, months, quarter?

Thanks

Rafael Lopes September 15th, 2012 05:44 AM

I was about to buy neoscene when I've bumped into this thread. After reading what is being said here I will wait for neoscene to actually support CS6 before buying anything. I donīt want to spend money now and then have to wait for an update to come along.

Ann Bens September 18th, 2012 04:01 PM

Neoscene works just fine in CS6.
No problem installing.

Rafael Lopes September 20th, 2012 05:11 AM

I wrote cineform and their support has been helping me out. Basically I should use Neoscene to convert the NEX files and then installed GoPro Studio to get the Cineform Sequence Preset on Premiere.

Iīve tried this with CS5.5 and it works flawlessly but I cannot seem to make this work with CS6. The Cineform Sequence Preset just doesnīt show up.

From another computer Iīve notice that CS5.5 has CINEFORM on:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\Settings\SequencePresets
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\Settings\Editing Modes

I donīt see it on CS6. Iīm not sure if there are any other missing files. These 2 just come to mind right now.

Iīve tried copying these files manually but it didnīt work either.

Any thoughts?

Rafael Lopes September 20th, 2012 12:02 PM

Iīve got an email from cineformīs support saying they are not sure if Neoscene will ever get update to support CS6 :(