Studio Premium Project relative paths at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 10th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #1
Major Player

Studio Premium Project relative paths

I'm trying to do a project accross 2 computers at the moment. I do color correction on my mac air when I am out and about, and then do my edit on my mac pro at home.

With Studio Premium I am able to copy my database between computers which is great. The problem I have run in to is that I can't open an existing project on my mac pro. All the paths for the video files seem to be hardwired to the base volume name (in this case an external usb drive). This means I have to relink each video file every time I open the project on a different computer.

The ideal solution would be if Cineform Studio would write the file paths in it's database relative to the project file. Then I could copy my projects between computers and carry on as normal. Either that, or like Premiere if it could automatically link all video files after you show it where the first file is, that would be great. I wonder if anybody else has run into this issue, or has any advice?

Finally, I think there is a bug in the file relinking. I get an endless spinny wheel on the relink dialog, with the "Relink" button greyed out. Also, the "Skip all files..." doesnt work because there is no "Apply" button to make it work (the "Cancel" button just cancels that one file).
Brian Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Studio Premium Project relative paths

To briefly follow up:

I discovered that Studio Premium does indeed intelligently find your clips if you tell it where the first clip is for each folder. That's great.

The relative paths feature request would still be a great feature if implemented though. Would save heaps of time when switching between computers.
Brian Parker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase