Cineform files won't work with Vegas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 14th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Cineform files won't work with Vegas

I have Cineform video files I am ready to edit, but Vegas will not permit the files to be dropped on the timeline. I downloaded these files last year from miniDV tapes using Cineform to convert them.

I think there is a codec issue with Vegas. Anyone have any thoughts as to what I need to do to get these to work with Vegas? I have HDLink installed but it is in trial mode.

I've edited Cineform files before, but not on this new installation of windows.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Cineform files won't work with Vegas

It sounds like our trial version might be out of trial period. You can go to Cineform/GoPro and down load one of two things that may help. The first is their free lower end version which is designed primarily for the GoPro, but that also works used to work with other AVCHD. I don't know if it still does. The second possibility is to download the Cineform player codec, which will allow you to edit Cineform files, though you obviously would not be able to render back out to Cineform.

Studio for GoPro is here: http://gopro.com/3d-cineform-studio-software-download/

Decoder is here: http://cineform.com/gopro-cineform-decoder
Old May 14th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Cineform files won't work with Vegas

Hey Chris you're right trial is over. I have a license but it is such a hassle. I didn't deactivate when I reformatted my hard drive so I have to contact support.

I've downloaded the decoder, but it wont install over NeoHD, so I guess I need to contact support and reactivate or whatever I need to do.

Thanks kindly for the links, very nice of you to provide them.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase