DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   DaVinci Resolve Freebie version. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/508457-davinci-resolve-freebie-version.html)

Bob Hart June 12th, 2012 03:54 AM

DaVinci Resolve Freebie version.

Is there any means yet to make Resolve for PC Windows7, Premiere Pro CS6 work with SI2K DVR1 .avi files ?

Jay Bloomfield June 14th, 2012 08:22 PM

Re: DaVinci Resolve Freebie version.

You are almost better off suggesting this to BMD for the new version of Resolve, which is coming out next month.

I'm not that familiar with the SI2K files (even though the company is local), but aren't they just Cineform RAW AVI files? Why not re-wrap them to MOV with HDLink? Or if the camera supports it, try the MOV format instead. Resolve does read "other" Cineform MOV files.

Bob Hart June 15th, 2012 09:51 AM

Thank you Jay for your response.

DVR1 files were by choice either cineform .avi or .mov. and are an older version. The cineform codec was required for either to be read by PC or Mac software. DVR2 is .mov only. Premiere CS5 with cineform sees the files anyway.

I'll give what you have suggested a shot.

Justin Lovell June 17th, 2012 06:59 PM

The latest builds of SIDVR (the recording software) records directly to cineform .mov files.
Check with SI about getting a later build of your version is still recording in .avi files.

Some recent work shot on our SI2K can be seen here. Great little camera..

Frame Discreet Media

Bob Hart June 17th, 2012 11:16 PM

Ari Presler is checking out a latest revision of DVR2 for me. I am still on DVR2.0.911. I am still using the P+S recorder body. We can use respve by a workaround route but it involves H264 and a gamma shift issue.

Offtopic. - Have you tried with the SI2K doing timelapse with time exposure through a lot of ND to eliminate cars and people from cityscapes?

Justin Lovell June 18th, 2012 06:35 AM

i tried doing some long time exposures at night, they turned out alright, but found that the longer I kept the shutter open, the more hot pixel noise was introduced to the image. Almost think you would be more suited to using a dslr instead for long exposure timelapse.

Bob Hart June 18th, 2012 09:16 AM

In my case, it is a matter of doing long daylight exposures with the hardware I have in hand. I was wondering if lesser black in the actual image would make hot pixels and fixed pattern noise less apparent.

I am probably guilty of diversion by posting this query. My apologies to others reading here.

Justin Lovell June 18th, 2012 10:14 AM

hot pixels are always less apparant when exposed properly, but would still recommend a dslr for a larger resolution picture to work with.