DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Nvidia FX 540 Pro Video edition or Matrox Parhelia HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/53544-nvidia-fx-540-pro-video-edition-matrox-parhelia-hd.html)

Geoff Murillo October 29th, 2005 07:04 PM

Nvidia FX 540 Pro Video edition or Matrox Parhelia HD

Hello David,

I'm looking to get a video card for real time Premiere Pro/Cineform preview on an external HD monitor.

In your opinion, which of the two video cards that Cineform has certified, provides better performance -- The Nvidia FX 540 Pro Video edition or Matrox Parhelia HD?

-Geoff Murillo

David Newman October 29th, 2005 07:33 PM

Preformance for Aspect HD = Matrox Parhelia HD, for most other things probably the Nvidia FX 540.

Geoff Murillo October 29th, 2005 07:37 PM

David,

Would the same be true for Prospect? -- I just got my Prospect Edit-Only disc a couple of days ago.

-Geoff

David Newman October 30th, 2005 12:34 AM

Congratulations! Mary said you might be upgrading. Yes the same for Prospect HD, I prefer the Parhelia. On day we hope to have PCIe HDSDI card with analog outputs, until then the Parhelia is an excellent choice.

Geoff Murillo November 2nd, 2005 10:14 PM

I cannot get the Overlay/Full-Screen Display to work

Hi David,

I got my Matrox Parhelia HD APVe and I've installed it. I'm using a second computer monitor for the full screen real-time viewing, but I cannot get it to display my Adobe/Cineform Prospect Tmeline.

It works fine with DV material, but I cannot get it to work with Premiere and Prospect. I've chosen the Export>Matrox WYSIWYG plug-in and I've set the source Aspect Ratio to 16:9 and the Preview Aspect Ratio to 4:3. I've also gone into the drop down from the Monitor window and selected "enable scrubbing to overlay surface." Unfortunately I've had no luck with my HD footage.

Is there something else I need to do?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks,

Geoff Murillo

David Newman November 2nd, 2005 11:46 PM

Definitely put the question into tech support as we do have the Parhelia APVe working fine at the office. Unfortunately don't know the setup details. Once the settings are correct even media player will output HD.

Geoff Murillo November 4th, 2005 12:23 PM

I've got my External Real-Time Preview to work

Hi David,

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Matrox drivers and made some tweaks and I've got it working now.

The External Real-Time Preview with Premiere/Prospect is great!

I'm looking forward to cutting some test footage this weekend.

-Geoff

David Newman November 4th, 2005 02:09 PM

Excellent! I like to hear when problems are solved. The Matrox Parhelia is a really good card.

Derek Serra November 6th, 2005 11:34 AM

I use the FX540 Pro with a second single head Nvidia card installed for a second computer monitor. I get excellent HD output to a Sony Bravia XBR26 LCD monitor BUT there is an annoying overlay jump at start and stop of playback which neither Nvidia nor Cineform have fixed. This only happens with AspectHD. If you play back with PP1.51 it does not jump.