Prospect or aspect hd at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 5th, 2019, 01:48 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Prospect or aspect hd

Is there a hack for registering/releasing old copies of Prospect HD or Aspect HD. The capture via firewire utilities worked better for me than Premiere CS2 and Premiere CS5 when capturing from Sony HDV cameras and the JVC GY-HD*** family.

I have an old HDV/DV archive to retrieve but the "new" computers have forgotten what firewire is or ever was and I have to revert to an old Windows XP machine which does not have Premiere or Aspect/Prospect HD installed.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 12:24 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Prospect or aspect hd

Bob.

Are you wanting to capture Cineform or just capture DV and HDV natively? If you just want to capture from those two formats natively on your old 1394 Firewire box you can use these two free programs. Scenalyzer for DV and HDV Split for HDV. Both work reasonably well.

ScenalyzerLive Page

https://www.videohelp.com/software/HDVSplit

You can then convert to whatever format you require with basically any NLE or software that still sees DV and HDV files.

If you want to capture directly to Cineform I think NeoScene, originally a Cineform file conversion app does that from memory. It's no longer available but here are the specs on what it is capable of. Check the overview and specs pages:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/774512-REG/Cineform_NSC51DL_NeoScene_5.html/BI/2855/KBID/3801

I may. I would have to check the archives! I repeat may, have a copy of NeoScene. Ages since I used it but it is hopefully hanging around on one of my old archive drives.

Additionally the earlier GoProStudioPC v2.5.7.549, the most stable version, will install the Cineform encoder and decoder which should be recognized under most software that can see the installed codecs on Windows.

Chris Young
Sydney

Last edited by Christopher Young; February 6th, 2019 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Added info
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 12:49 AM   #3
Major Player

I remember there was a firewire driver. I remember using the legacy driver to get my capture device working.
Old February 6th, 2019, 03:06 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Thank you Christopher and Donald for your responses.

I have old copies of the .zip downloads for Premiere Pro CS2, AspectHD and ProspectHD. The Cineform capture worked best on its own with a later conversion stage. Things went a bit weird if I tried capture and conversion simultaneously. Premiere's own capture utility periodically put momentary chessboards in the image unless the captures were kept short.

I can reinstall and use until the trial periods expire. Trying to get them registered again is another matter. Cineform's original web service has gone west it seems. The well worn dictum of what goes into Adobe stays in Adobe applies to their website. The old links embedded in the original software no longer work.

Right or wrong Adobe wants you on C.C. subscription. I have yet to find my way to a re-registration service for old software versions. I guess holdouts like me who operate a working system until it lays down are an affordable loss.

I guess the business model favours the predictable if slightly lower revenue yield from a subscription service which wedlocks the end-user rather than the chaotic return from one-off buyers. One hopes that Blackmagic and Resolve Studio do not go the subscription route.

That might only be one corporate take-over raid away from happening. Who can really know what the future holds? The upside is that free Resolve will continue to work.

Last edited by Bob Hart; February 6th, 2019 at 03:07 AM. Reason: wrongun word
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2019, 09:04 AM   #5
Major Player

Scenalyzer was the bees knees in it's day and now free.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase