DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Color information missing when paused Aspect HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/56517-color-information-missing-when-paused-aspect-hd.html)

Jeff Baker December 20th, 2005 04:45 PM

Color information missing when paused Aspect HD

I have my system now setup and directing video from the desktop out to my HDTV using the component video out cable on my Nvidia evga 7800gt pci express card. This is a dualview setup - LCD computer monitor on DVI, HDTV on video out port.
It works great when playing the timeline, but when I pause all of the red information (as far as I can see) drops out of the picture.
When I press play(spacebar) again, there is about a 1-2 second pause and then the videos starts playing with the correct color information again.
Is there a fix for this so I can view color corrections whithout having to press play everytime to observe my changes?
And what about the pause, now way around that?

David Newman December 20th, 2005 05:07 PM

Pause delay is long on the NVidia cards (why we favor the Matrox Parhelia AVPe), we do hope to work around it with NVidia in the future -- but our schedule hasn't allowed for that work yet.

Your question about all the "red information" I don't understand. However you filters should be viewable on your external monitor while not playing if you have "Scrub to external overlay surface" on. Look in playback control settings.

Jeff Baker December 20th, 2005 05:22 PM

Thanks David for the info on the pause time.
Playback always turns blue when paused whether filters are applied or not.
Press play and works fine...
Waiting for a render to complete to double check my playback settings in Cineform... will edit this post after that.
Anyone else seeing this? My guess is that is some kind of overlay nvidia setting I just don't know where to look.

David Newman December 20th, 2005 05:39 PM

The control panel you want is this one: http://www.cineform.com/downloads/PlaybackSettings.png Within Premiere, go to the Project Menu->Project Settings->General... and clip on the Playback Settings button (in an Aspect HD project.)

Jeff Baker December 20th, 2005 06:12 PM

Yes, Scrub video to external overlay surface, Use HD Colorspace and Use video systems RGB are checked.

David Newman December 20th, 2005 06:22 PM

If you aren't seeing anything on the Nvidia while scrubbing (and the overlay field is checked) then something isn't setup correctly. Please contact technical support.

Jeff Baker December 20th, 2005 06:50 PM

It works great when scrubbing and with regular playback from the timeline, it is just when paused that the picture turns blue.
There is another factor here I should test and that is to circumvent my component video switch and plug directly into to the back of the TV.

David Newman December 20th, 2005 06:58 PM

We all scratching our heads here, what pause function? Weren't talking about the timeline scrubbing and playback (which has no pause?) Or are we talking capture?

Jeff Baker December 20th, 2005 08:04 PM

I mean the picture that is dispayed when the premiere pro timeline is NOT being scrubed or played.
For instance, I pick a spot in the timeline I want to add color correction to and open the effects controls. The picture on my lcd monitor stays the same and shows the changes made as I work, however the tv shows a bluish still picture.
When I press the spacebar to play the timeline again, after the nvidia pause, all the color comes back and it plays fine.
It is just when I have any still video that I loose all the reds from what I can see. So only when video is not playing.
Not a big deal, I just can't see my results on the HDTV until I play the video.

David Newman December 20th, 2005 08:11 PM

Try loading newer NVidia driver as that is not normal, the color correction setting should immediately display as you move the levels as WYSIWYG (not a blue tint.) Also try checking "de-interlace while scrubbing", as that will tell me whether you graphic card is struggling with HD.

Jeff Baker December 20th, 2005 09:40 PM

Checking De-interlace while scrubbing fixed it!
How about that. I am using a CRT hdtv monitor that does 1080i so I figured I should not use de-interlace (as I would if it were a lcd or plasma screen).
So what does that mean?
Nvidia drivers are the latest certified verisons.
Thanks for the idea.

David Newman December 20th, 2005 11:02 PM

It mean your overlay surface can't handle 1440x1080. Do you get the same blue tint when you play a CineForm AVI with mediaplayer?