DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Need a little help animating Motion/scale on a still (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/58219-need-little-help-animating-motion-scale-still.html)

Don Blish January 13th, 2006 01:33 PM

Need a little help animating Motion/scale on a still

I am pleased to see that the motion effect in PPro works on the original size still. As an experiment I took a 4:3 still that was 3072x2304 and made it 3413x2304 in Photoshop to match the .9 size pixels in standard screen DV. When droped on the timeline it shows a 720x480 patch from the center at the default 100% scale (ie pixel for pixel).

I enabled FixedEffect/Motion on the clip, clicked the animate icon and established two keyframes at the beginning and end. At one end I wanted it 100% scale (ie zoomed into the central 720x480) and at the other end I wanted a scale of 20.8% (2304/480) to size it out to full screen. I just can't seem to figure out the click sequence to "stick" the two different scales to the two keyframes. The book talks about handles in the "program window", but with a large still, even "unzooming" shows me no handles. Obviously, I'll need to figure this out to animate any effect.

I'm so close - but what am I missing?

Mike Teutsch January 13th, 2006 02:51 PM

Don,

I'm not sure that I fully understand what you want to do, but I'll try to help.

If all you are looking for is to zoom in and out, just drop the still into the time line and treat it like any other piece of video. Go the effects control for it and open up scale and position. Place the marker at where you want your keyframe and enter a value for the scale and a keyframe will automatically be put there. Then just move to the next point and put in another zoom value and that keyframe will appear.

Then just play it or scrub to see if it is what you want. If you are looking to pan around in the still, I'll have to get on my other computer and check out some work I did. I did a montage of a fishing trip to Costa Rica about a year ago and used all the motion handles and curves in that, but I haven't done it in a while.

Let me know. By the way, this post is in the wrong area, and should be moved to the Premiere section. At least I think your question is about Premiere Pro, and not the Cineform software. You will get more hits in the right area.

Hope that this helps and get back to me is you need more info. There are hundreds that know much more than I, but they may be busy.

Mike

Don Blish January 13th, 2006 04:21 PM

Oops - failure to look closely

Right you are. I hadn't noticed there was an animate icon in front of each part of the effect. So, while "scale" is the second effect, I had clicked on the animate icon of the line above, which is position. So a change to scale affected the entirety of the clip since it was non-animated.