DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Aspect 4.0 things I noticed thus far (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/58847-aspect-4-0-things-i-noticed-thus-far.html)

Michael Stewart January 21st, 2006 10:02 PM

Aspect 4.0 things I noticed thus far

Figured it would be easier to do it this way for when David makes it back

1. Took an existing project brought it into PPro 2, no problem, played fine, everything transferred fine.

2. Exported with Cineform Codec, on the 4 min 6 second clip it ends up being 4 min 10 seconds and this is noticeable within the first 15-20 seconds due to hard cuts in my project. Removed all effects (even though it exported fine in previous version of Aspect) Even with no effects it still does it, for kicks I tried to export using windows AVI with cineform codec, exports fine, but no audio, lay the track over my project and it syncs up ok (with a short segment)with the project audio, did a full render like that and all I get is a couple of stills from the video that are green tinted that jitter back and forth for the entire 4 min or so.

3. When I use Premiere transitions (fade to black and cross dissolve) I get the green screen if........ I have black video (item created by premiere) in the areas that my work area bar extends to (for example the beginning of my clip to give some space, also between my title and the start of the video clip itself, when I remove the black video and just leave it an empty space at the beginning and between the title and the clip itself it renders fine. OK if I use a cineform transition with or without black video underneath, it renders my titles background green, but still shows the text, oddly enough the fade up and down on the ends of the title are fine, I keep using the same project that I have got to work fine on version 3.3, so I am comparing everything exactly the same.

update......

Ok 1. exported without audio using CFHD export, clip was even longer
2. clicked the eyeball on the audio track, rendered again (no audio chosen on track, but chose audio on export, this got me within 5 frames of the length.
3. Next I nested the sequence in another sequence, with audio checked on timeline and audio exported, this got me within 5 frames. I'll try After Effects 6.5.1 later

Mike

Michael Stewart January 22nd, 2006 12:41 PM

OK
1. rendered project in after effects, the output was the correct length, but many of my cross dissolves did not render, just made them cuts (these were premiere dissolves, may be a PPro2 to AE 6.5 thing, just thought I would share.

2. I uninstalled Aspect 4 and uninstalled PPro2, Installed Aspect 4.0 to PPro 1.5 with update, rendered out same sequence, it came up 4 seconds longer than the project, so still same problem even in PPro 1.5, I'm sure David you probably already know exactly what is wrong, without all these tests I made, but I had nothing better to do and wanted desperately to get it to work on the new PPro 2, so there it is, hope you are resting well!

3. Just for fun ;), I am going to take one of my systems and do a total format with only PPro2 and Aspect 4 on it to see if it is something else.

Cheers
Mike

Michael Stewart January 22nd, 2006 02:16 PM

Went back to 3.3.0.38b, (3.4 any version still has the audio problem including build 45), before I could find a version that would render out giving me the proper audio length with no problems.

Mike

David Taylor January 22nd, 2006 08:39 PM

Thanks for the diligent reports....

Michael,

Thank you very much for the bug reports. We appreciate your diligence and that of everybody else. Certainly we'll look at these issues right away. Unfortunately David Newman is out of the office tomorrow, but I believe he might have a chance to weigh in on the forum sometime tomorrow at some point.

David.

David Newman January 24th, 2006 05:25 PM

Michael,

In my testing with Aspect HD 4.0 and Premeire Pro 2.0, everthing is working fine, as it is on 1.5.1 and with Aspect HD 3.4 build 45. As there might something up with your PC/install, so please file a trouble ticket so we can get this resolved.

Michael Stewart January 24th, 2006 05:57 PM

No Problem David, If it is working fine on your end, you would know. All I know is that this one particular project I continue to use as a test base, is having troubles on three different systems I have installed the trial on (never with 3.3.038), I guess I will do total formats on all 3 to see what is up.

Thanks
Mike

David Newman January 24th, 2006 06:43 PM

Formatting those systems seems unnecessary as it is more likely to be the project. There is something either wrong or incompatible with that project. All you doing by regressing to an older Aspect install, is avoided the new YUV based threaded rendering (faster and higher quality.) Weirdly the error sounds more like if someone tried to upgrade Prospect HD with Aspect HD components. Anyway, tell trying to reproduce any error.

Michael Stewart January 24th, 2006 08:24 PM

Hi David, my project plays perfect in Aspect 4.0 and any other version, it is in the export (plays and exports perfectly in 3.3.038, if there was a project problem I would assume it would follow through on evry version?, I am almost done with the new install I will check back with you later, (this is a project that came from Pro 1.5.1 ) I think I will just send the project to you on disk just for kicks.

Mike

Michael Stewart January 24th, 2006 10:25 PM

It is still rendering 4 seconds longer, in a fresh system with only PPro2 and aspect on it. Why would it play back perfectly in any version and not render out perfectly, but in 3.3.38?

Mike

David Newman January 24th, 2006 11:15 PM

It is still the project as it can't be reproduced in other projects. It would be great if you can put it on a DVD, but first remove any third party filters (make sure it is only Aspect HD and Premiere Pro filters) as I don't want to be chasing bugs in someone else's product. Simplify the project until you find the point in which it losses sync and delete the rest. Make sure the DVD is at CineForm by Friday, otherwise I won't have a moment to look at it for a very long time as I'm out of the country for several weeks. This is why this board is not as good as the trouble ticket system, other engineers aren't here daily to find bugs to fix (too busy with next gen. stuff.)

Michael Stewart January 24th, 2006 11:29 PM

Hi David, I am narrowing it down now, I remember something about transitions that were not long enough to overlap correctly, causing problems, it appears some of these were in that category, also when I used project manager to save only the files used and to shorten them it did some wierd stuff also, I will keep you informed should have it figured out tonight.

Mike

David Newman January 24th, 2006 11:56 PM

That is a very good clue. Please see what you find, I also try some "frame starved" conditions tomorrow.