DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   DVD SD Mpeg2 renders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/60156-dvd-sd-mpeg2-renders.html)

Alex Horvath February 8th, 2006 03:49 AM

DVD SD Mpeg2 renders

It´s the first time that I needed an interlaced render from a project.
When I render my ppro1.51 timeline, captured with AHD3.4/high, with AdobeMediaEncoder regardless lower or upper field first to a SD DVD I get these results:
http://de.geocities.com/alexx_hg/
rendering to progressive is no problem. Am I missing something?

alex

Anton Galimzyanov February 8th, 2006 07:57 AM

I know that kind of problem!
Look at this topic: TIP - Export to DVD from PPro Timeline.
So if you really want to get superior quality picture, the best Cineform-to-DVD method is the method Joel Corral has described.

Alex Horvath February 8th, 2006 02:39 PM

Yes, I already have read this thread, but doesn`t really help and confuses me. especially with the lower field DVD render, SD PAL MPEG is Upperfield.
If really this should the workaround then cineform has something to change...

I´ve a HDV project with about 150 clips on the Cineform AHD 1080i timeline.
When I import this sequenz in a new project, ppro doesn´t allow a field order change...so how should I bring this in a SD Timeline, and should I change the fieldorder manually for all 150 clips?
Fact is, this always happens only on cineformfiles, it doesn`t happen with 1920x1080i Aftereffect files
Another Fact is, at the moment I have not enough time for experiments, so any comments from cineform would be helpful!

alex

Anton Galimzyanov February 8th, 2006 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Horvath
I´ve a HDV project with about 150 clips on the Cineform AHD 1080i timeline. When I import this sequenz in a new project, ppro doesn´t allow a field order change...alex

Why you should do this terrible way??? Export your Cineform's timeline into a SINGLE Cineform's file (upper field first, as default), then create a PAL DV project (widescreen of course), import that huge file into it, rescale it to 53,4%, then reverse field dominance (in file properties - right mouse click on a file in timeline and change the value), then export work area to DVD as usualy (lower field first for PAL DVD as I know)

100% works!

Robert Young February 8th, 2006 09:44 PM

I have been following these several threads regarding HDV CFHD.avi conversion to SD DVD, and have been experimenting with the various methods described. The most common problem I see in the final m2v playback is "combing"- jagged interlace looking artifacts. The absolute best results I have obtained in terms of what I actually see playing the DVD on a Sony 42" TV screen are by two methods: (this applies to 60i NTSC only)

Method 1) I haven't seen this workflow described on this forum, but it works great.
Export the 1080 CFHD timeline to a 1080 CFHD movie file.
Open Procoder 2.0 and select the movie file as the source. Procoder will correctly identify the file as CFHD; 1440x1080, upper field first, etc.
Open Target File and select NTSC DVD codec. In the spec window, set target for 720x480,16x9, PAR 1.2 and select UPPER FIELD FIRST. This totally does not make sense, but if I transcode with lower first I get combing artifacts on the final m2v movie.
Procoder will render this file at about 60-70% of realtime on my system.
Import the m2v into Encore, burn, and get a great looking DVD free of artifact.

Method 2) Export the 1080 CFHD timeline as 1080 CFHD.
Put the rendered movie file on a PPro 720x480 widescreen timeline.
Resize the movie to scale:45%
Right click clip>Field Options>check Reverse Fields
Export Movie as Microsoft .avi 720x480, 16x9, PAR 1.2, lower field first.
Transcode the MS .avi movie to m2v with Adobe, Procoder, etc. and burn DVD
Again, I get excellent output with no artifact.

I think the most efficient workflow and best looking result for me is going to be 1), at least for the time being.
Bob

Alex Horvath February 13th, 2006 01:25 AM

After several tries my conclusion is as following (valid for interlaced work):

only a RENDERED CineFormHD file is a good file!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Young
Open Procoder 2.0 and select the movie file as the source. Procoder will correctly identify the file as CFHD; 1440x1080, upper field first, etc.

Bob

this finally is what I want to do, but on my HDV-Station procoder doesn´t recognize the file type, as long as AHD is installed on th same machine. When I deinstall AHD 4.0 and only leave the playbackcodec on the station, than it works.
Also rendering a CFHD file over a network on my dual xeon with procoder (and installed CFHDVfW codec) has no problems.

Any Ideas?

alex

Robert Young February 13th, 2006 12:32 PM

I've never used AHD, so I don't have any info about the apparent Procoder/AHD conflict.
Bob