DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Convinced again...Cineform is Far Better Than Native HDV... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/62938-convinced-again-cineform-far-better-than-native-hdv.html)

Joel Corral March 15th, 2006 03:35 PM

Convinced again...Cineform is Far Better Than Native HDV...

Ok I am convinced again!!! Well after weeks of trial I have come to the conclusion that cineform’s intermediate HD codec is far superior than working in native HDV… besides the fact that cineforms codec is allows for better real time playback, it looks far better especially when down converting to SD… after working with native HDV I can clearly see the HUGE difference in quality and performance, although Premiere Pro 2.0 does do a decent job in real time playback, the actual quality of the HDV is nowhere near the quality of Cineform’s codec. After 1 encode in native HDV I can clearly see the disadvantage. Where as multiple encodes with cineform codec can’t see any quality reduction and it does an excellent job down converting… Cineform is shaper, clearer and holds together far better than Native HDV… Native HDV after one encode loses sharpness, looks blurry and color just isn’t held together… I wish there was a way to edit HDV natively but unless there are better codec’s developed this is the way to go….

Joel

Wayne Johnson March 15th, 2006 06:07 PM

Thanks Joel. As you know, I've come to trust your conclusions, so I won't need to shell out the $199 upgrade price for now. Thanks again, Wayne.

Steven Gotz March 16th, 2006 08:11 PM

There are other reasons to upgrade to Premiere Pro 2.0, but Aspect HD is still needed IMHO. Joel is correct. The quality and the speed are better with no question.

Joel Corral March 16th, 2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
There are other reasons to upgrade to Premiere Pro 2.0, but Aspect HD is still needed IMHO. Joel is correct. The quality and the speed are better with no question.

Oh that’s for sure...i am in no way stating that the upgrade to ppro 2.0 is a waste, in fact i am glad i did it...

joel

Wayne Johnson March 17th, 2006 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Corral
Oh that’s for sure...i am in no way stating that the upgrade to ppro 2.0 is a waste, in fact i am glad i did it...

joel

This is probably not the place to discuss it, but what features of 2.0 are particularly valuable? I'd pay if all they did was fix the Project Manager trim function, but I have no way of knowing whether they did. [I don't have broadband, so the trial's out of the question.]

Christopher Glaeser March 17th, 2006 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Johnson
This is probably not the place to discuss it, but what features of 2.0 are particularly valuable?

Nested sequences, dynamic linking, and titles stored within the project are compelling for me. It's much easier to manage large projects.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Johnson
I don't have broadband, ...

Ouch!!!