DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   PPro 1.5 and 2.0 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/63437-ppro-1-5-2-0-a.html)

Luis Otero March 21st, 2006 10:40 PM

PPro 1.5 and 2.0

David,

Hello again. I would like to know how to use (even if it is possible) AspectHD in both versions of Premiere Pro (1.5.1 and 2). I am having difficulties to using it in 1.5.1 since I instaled the 2.0 version: when I open 1.5.1 and indicate new project, an error messaje shows up ([\dev\CaptainDoby\MediaLayer\Src\Recorder\ManualRecorderFactory.cpp-62]) and the software closes immediately. Also, the splash window shows version 3.4 if I open projects created using 1.5.1.

Version 2.0 has great features that I use, but to be honest, for the daily editing tasks, I really prefere 1.5.1 200%.

Thanks,

Luis

David Newman March 21st, 2006 11:09 PM

Yes you can run both 1.5.1 and 2.0 with Aspect HD on the same PC. If you installed Aspect HD after PPro 2.0 it will go to the PPro 2.0 directory, otherwise your Aspect HD files will be in the 1.5.1 directory. Find both your PPro plugins folders,

samples :
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0\Plug-ins
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Pro 1.5\Plug-ins

and copy the ..\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm folder from one into the other. Now Aspect HD will work in both.

Luis Otero March 23rd, 2006 07:39 PM

David,

I followed your instructions (also opened a ticket at Cineform), however, I still receive the same error message whenever I try to create a NEW project. If I open an already created project, it works fine...! Cineform support told me that there is an article in the knowledgebase area, but I cannot find it. Would you please provide the URL? This is troublesome since it only started to happen when AspectHD 4.0 was installed and I have no clu as to how to fix the problem that prevent me from creating new projects in PP 1.5.1

Thanks,

Luis

David Newman March 23rd, 2006 07:45 PM

Unfortunately the Knowledge base is not URL linkable (we also complain about this -- and required that feature.)

As that error is an Adobe one (did look closely before) you might have to ask them. I regular run either 1.5.1 or 2.0 with no issues, so it can be done.

Luis Otero March 23rd, 2006 07:57 PM

David,

Thanks for your prompt response! If I'd do the search in the knowledgebase, what word(s) you suggest to use in order to find the article?

Thanks,

Luis

David Newman March 23rd, 2006 10:46 PM

Search on "install", it is item 7.

Luis Otero March 24th, 2006 05:39 PM

Got it! Thanks.

The process takes longer time than I expected, but worth it. I just received the error message one after completed the procedure, but for the most part is working in a stable way.

Thaks,

Luis

Geoff Murillo April 7th, 2006 09:09 PM

Premiere Pro 1.5 and 2.0 with Prospect

Hi David,

Is this process the same with Prospect? Just wondering if when I upgrade from Premiere Pro 1.5 to 2.0 and After Effects 6.5 to 7.0, will I need to completely unistall Prospect, or can I copy the "..\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm" into Premiere Pro 2.0 and After Effects 7.0 Plug-ins folders?

Thanks,

Geoff Murillo

David Newman April 7th, 2006 09:24 PM

You must install to have Premiere Pro 2.0 function correctly with Aspect HD or Prospect HD. Once 2.0 is running correctly the plug-ins can be moved into the 1.5 folder (but not the other way around.) 2.0 requires some additional components, that is why a full install is required.

Geoff Murillo April 7th, 2006 09:30 PM

Thanks.

-Geoff

Marty Hudzik July 12th, 2006 11:57 AM

I tried this method to get Premiere Pro 1.5.1 to work along side a working Premiere Pro 2.0 install. Should I be seeing the Cineform choices at the project start page? Or do I need to configure Premiere 1.5 to use Cineform by starting a custom preset?

Thanks!

David Newman July 12th, 2006 12:03 PM

No the presets do not install with this method. However, it is simple to create you own.