DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   SWF, AFTER EFFECTS and ASPECT HD... :( (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/63686-swf-after-effects-aspect-hd.html)

Ben Mclaughlin March 26th, 2006 02:30 AM

SWF, AFTER EFFECTS and ASPECT HD... :(

Could anyone inform me on the best settings to use as export to PP2
ive been using the swf import in AE then using PP2 to import the AE
project which seems so far the best method.

When i use NATIVE HDV in PP2 the quality is almost perfect but using ASPECT its blurred, pixalated and moves all over the place. I need to use
ASPECT because after much testing it is far superior to NATIVE but i need
to solve this issue.

Thanks

David Newman March 26th, 2006 09:05 AM

It is not clear what the issue is - SWF - a shock wave file? Why don't you just export from AE to CineForm at 1440x1080 (1.33:1 pixel aspect) or 1280x720 as you need. Sounds like you you aren't getting the resolution correct when going into PPro.

Christopher Glaeser March 26th, 2006 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Mclaughlin
Could anyone inform me on the best settings to use as export to PP2

A couple things you might try. First, if you purchased the Adobe Video Collection, you could try Dynamic Linking to import the AE comp directly into a PPro 2 project. I have not yet tested this using the CFHD codec, but I think it should work. Dynamic Linking is a very useful feature that not only saves time, but will likely change the look of my future projects becuase I'll be more inclined to use AE comps in PPro projects. To use it, go to File->Adobe Dynamic Linking->Import After Effects Composition.

Second, I don't know if this is a feature or a defect or I'm doing something wrong, but I can't export with the CFHD codec from AE using File->Export. As best I can tell, the codec is not included in the selection list (someone help me out if I'm missing somthing). However, it is available if I use Composition->Add to Render Queue. So, you might give that a try.

Best,
Christopher

David Newman March 26th, 2006 11:28 AM

Yes, the export module is only available through "Composition->Add to Render Queue"

Christopher Glaeser March 26th, 2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman
Yes, the export module is only available through "Composition->Add to Render Queue"

Thanks for the quick response. I think it may be helpful to include this in the Aspect HD FAQ on the CineForm website. See the question, "Are CineForm Intermediate files compatible with other applications like After Effects and Combustion?"

Best,
Christopher

David Newman March 26th, 2006 01:21 PM

CineForm Intermediate is available through any tools that supports Video for Window (AE and Combustion included.) However the custom AE exporter is only allowable through "Add to Render Queue". Sorry for making it sound more limited than it is. The difference between using VfW or the custom CineForm exporter is get smaller as we recently added the quality controls to the VfW version of the codec. VfW will still produce 25% larger files, but others their is no downside.

Ben Mclaughlin March 26th, 2006 04:30 PM

im using the direct comp method as chris has said, the comp is importing
at 1920 x 1080 square pixals into a 1440 x 1080 anamorphic, is this my
problem? Because Photoshop images at 1920 x 1080 look fine in the CFHD project. SWF is an export out of FLASH MX

im so new to HDV so go easy on me :)

David Newman March 26th, 2006 04:54 PM

As Aspect HD is only licensed to encode images up to 1440x1080 (Prospect HD hss 1920x1080), you need to need that in mind when outputing from AE. Simply scale you 1920 to 1440 upon output to the Aspect HD CineForm encoder, then everything should work fine.

Ben Mclaughlin March 26th, 2006 06:04 PM

ok will give that a shot, thanks