DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Color Corection Changing when played (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/64265-color-corection-changing-when-played.html)

Jerry Porter April 3rd, 2006 01:06 PM

Color Corection Changing when played

I have PP 1.5.1 and Aspect HD. When I put the Color Correction AHD on a clip and then adjust it to just how I like it and then hit play It changes color. It's usually darker. What is causing this to happen? I can't use the CC while the clip is playing and it's becoming very aggravating. Thanks for all input.

David Newman April 3rd, 2006 01:10 PM

This question happen once a month. You have an NVidia graphic card, they are incorrectly calibrated from professional video. To calibrate your NVidia card is the read me file included with Aspect HD, it will tell you some settings for you NVidia card.

Jerry Porter April 3rd, 2006 01:30 PM

Didn't help it still changes color. It made it brighter, but that's it. And when I chose overlay vmr it locks me out of the gamma settings. It's a FX540 card. Thanks for the quick response.

Graham Hickling April 3rd, 2006 02:16 PM

Interesting ... I had the same problem 2 months ago and the advice in the Cineform readme worked fine back then. But when I checked just now I find the overlay gamma is locked on my machine as well - I wonder if Nvidia has changed things with their latest drivers?

Overlay gamma is still adjustable however ... change from standard mode to advanced mode on that same page, and then tweak the line on the X-Y graphic. Doing it that way doesnt give a gamma value as a readout however...

David Newman April 3rd, 2006 02:21 PM

Jerry,

Just tweak the settings until they match, as it is an NVidia calibration issue (other cards don't have this issue.) Do install the lastest NVidia drivers. Your color issue maybe that NVidia defaults saturation to 114%, that also needs to be changed to 100%. Note: FX540 can be calibrated to match.

Wayne Johnson April 25th, 2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Hickling
Interesting ... I had the same problem 2 months ago and the advice in the Cineform readme worked fine back then. But when I checked just now I find the overlay gamma is locked on my machine as well - I wonder if Nvidia has changed things with their latest drivers?

Overlay gamma is still adjustable however ... change from standard mode to advanced mode on that same page, and then tweak the line on the X-Y graphic. Doing it that way doesnt give a gamma value as a readout however...

I tried the advanced mode to change gamma, but I can't get decent results at all.

I wonder if Cineform could update their solution?

Jerry Porter August 17th, 2006 09:47 AM

Has CineForm looked into this any further? I just set up my new system with a PNY 1500 card and it's doing the same thing, just not as bad after I went through the read me files. Running PP2 and Aspect 4.1. BTW the new box with aspect is a Pentium D 850 with 2 gigs of DDR2 800 front side Ram and IT FRIGINNNNN FLYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!