CineForm and AVCHD - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 2nd, 2007, 02:22 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy Rothwell
I still happily use my Z1, but my wife doesn't like it... "too many knobs buttons and switches and it's too heavy!" So she wants a new small palm-sized camcorder to video the kids, et al.
For what it's worth, I bought a Sony HC1 and my wife likes that for similar reasons compared to the FX1. Main problem with the HC1 is that it's not very good in poor lighting, so for indoor shots it's a bit iffy.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #17
Inner Circle

HG10 and Neo HDV

David: What is story with Canon's HG10, and its version of AVCHD. Will NeoHDV convert these files straight off the hard drive ?
Old October 16th, 2007, 09:01 AM   #18
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, if you have a AVC demux and decoder installed on your PC. You can tell if you have the correct components installed by playing the AVC clip in Media player. Decoder solutions like CoreAVC are promising, particularly as it is only $15 (see coreavc.com.) Elecard, PowerDVD and Nero all have AVC decoding solutions -- nothing is perfect yet.

Once you can play in media player, HDLink will convert your AVCHD to a CineForm AVI.
Old October 16th, 2007, 11:19 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Thanks. I assume whatever is packed with Vegas 8 doesn't help. I actually can look at AVCHD files in Vegas, and render to a Cineform intermediate, but my guess is I won't be able to do pulldown correctly.
Old December 5th, 2007, 01:24 AM   #20
Major Player

hg10 and cineform?

I hear it works, though I have never been able to work out all the problems I had initially with several systems, but I figure now cineform has worked many out for Vista related issues if that was the problem. So now I also have an HG10 that I play with, and was curious what the speed of conversion was from the harddrive or an internal drive of the mts files to a cineform avi with 24frame pulldown?
Old December 5th, 2007, 01:34 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Stephen:

Check out this entire thread where discussion of Cineform and HG10 is covered. In particular look around post 38 for some specifics of how to use Cineform.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=105621

In Vegas, I have taken a 24p MTS file from on line shot in 1080i 60i edited on a Vegas time line, and rendered to an .m2t cineform .avi file. And tried pull down removal after that. It seemed to work.
Old January 7th, 2008, 12:21 PM   #22
Inner Circle

NeoHDV Support for new Canon VIXIA HF10

David and Cineform Crew:

When the HG10 came out, there was some discussion about being able to convert AVCHD to the Cineform intermediate codec. At one point, I know some work arounds were required, but that it was doable. Those work arounds required some ability to reset what codecs were used, etc.

Have these issues been worked out so all the NeoHDV user has to do is install NeoHDV, and a proper codec is included ?
Old January 7th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #23
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We still do not include an AVCHD decoder, yet the $15 version from http://www.coreavc.com/ works well with NEO and HDLink for conversion.
Old January 14th, 2008, 07:03 PM   #24
New Boot

1080 60i HDLink settings?

Hi All - question - I have a Canon HG10 which shoots native 1920x1080 HD video, but then gets downconverted and interlaced to 1440x1080 AVCHD. It says that it's 1080 60i and I think that means it's interlaced and is progressive 30? Is the correct setting in CineForm HDLink (I have AspectHD)to make it interlaced, progressive or automatic? I'm then going into After Effects/PP to edit. I've tested and tried so many combinations that I'm burned out and can't think anymore, so any clarification or advice is very much appreciated. Thanks!
Douglas Figueredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 04:35 PM   #25
New Boot

Found it

Hi All - in case anyone is looking for camera specific settings . . .it IS on the Cineform website at: http://www.cineform.com/products/Tec...apSettings.htm
There's so much to learn. . . good luck to all!
Douglas Figueredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 03:29 PM   #26
Major Player

HDLink loses the audio on AVCHD conversion

I'm trying to convert a directory of AVCHD clips into Cineform using HDLink. The video looks great but there is no audio in the converted clips. Anyone have an idea of what might be going wrong?
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:45 PM   #27
New Boot

Canon HG10 & Cineform

I have a Canon HG10. The file extention in the camera Hard Drive is .MTS.
Cineform will not convert this either directly from the camera or from a folder in the computer.
Is there a way to convert this (MPG4) file to Cineform? I have NeoHDV and Vegas Pro8. Thank you.
John Kert
John Kert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:24 AM   #28
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You need a AVC Decoder. Purchase Core AVC for $15 (http://www.coreavc.com/) it works well.
Old February 25th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #29
New Boot

Thank you David. I installed CoreAVC, but HDlink still says: unrecognized file. Do I need to do anything else?
What are the steps to convert?
thanks
John Kert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #30
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If you can play the file in Window Media Player it will convert. Some how, even with an installed AVC decoder, your PC isn't seeing the decoder. Try the WMP test, if that fails you my need to reinstall the AVC Decoder, if that works, please file a trouble ticket at www.cineform.com/support.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase