Cineframe 30 Settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 14th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #1
Major Player

Cineframe 30 Settings

How should a PPro 2.0 project be set up for footage shot with Cineframe 30 on a Z1U?

How should HDLink be set up for capture with Cineframe 30?

All consideration seems to be aimed at Cineframe 24.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Premiere Pro should be set 29.97 progressive. You can create your own preset as needed. HDLink should be set to progressive encoding -- no other setting is required.
Old June 14th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks David.... just to help me a bit more, what project default setting for new project should I set for PPRo 2.0 for a Cineframe30 project?

Does PPro 2.0 actually use HDLink in its capture, or the main Cineform program settings? When adjusting some capture settings in Premiere, I noticed the HDLink interface appeared.

Thanks for your help!

ps - I was thrilled to be able to import a colleague's MXF footage the other day... what a great added value to your product.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 04:32 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

When creating a new project. Select the 60i preset (which will work fine as it is, pbut progressive editing continue with), then select "Custom Settings" tab. Change "Fields:" to "No Fields (progresssive scan)." With the camera or deck connected, select the "capture" tab on the left. Then open the "CineForm HDV Settings..." panel. Set the "Frame:" to "Progressive" and select "OK". CLick on "Save Preset" and call it something like Aspect HD 1440x1080p30 -- then use this preset for your CineFrame 30 work.

HDLink is not used by Premiere, although there is a similar looking control panel.
Old June 14th, 2006, 04:34 PM   #5
Major Player

Great.... and thanks again David.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase