HD Link convert bug - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 12th, 2006, 08:55 AM   #16
Major Player

I too have been having the same problem, I don't know how much of a hassle it would be, sometimes we all do not necessarily use the same procedures with Aspect, the other day was the first time I tried to do a series of converts in HDlink, only then did I know of the problem, just because no one else reports the problem, does not mean that it does not exist, although you can't use up time and resources to track down what only one person is experiencing. I am sure that if Cineform, put the word out for us (users) to check out a certain procedure to see the results, we would be happy to do so, we all want this to continue to be the best solution out there, I guess I feel that would be a better approach than "quit submitting the problem" if that is in fact the statement made, just some thoughts to be solution minded.

Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 09:02 AM   #17
CTO, CineForm Inc.

In my last post I mentioned we do have a fix that will available shortly.
Old July 12th, 2006, 09:59 AM   #18
Major Player

Hi David, I read about the fix, as always you guys are on top of things :), I was addressing the fact on the statement that "quit submitting the problem", your the only one that has it, I was just making the point we don't all use the same workflow and that because only one person has the problem, does not mean it does not exist, we, I am sure, would all pull together to test these problems, if we knew about them, also, I understand that we could do that on our own just by reading the post and trying it, but a sticky or something from Cineform to ask us to test would be more focused, I am sure you are only limited to the systems you have on hand, while we, as a group have several thousand. Like I stated, just offering some thoughts and solutions. I have been following Cineform for quite awhile, and from the posts it does seem that your energy is wearing thin lately, as I am sure with the growing popularity comes more work, time and effort, not being critical, just letting you know that I understand. Keep up the great work and keep your sanity!

Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 11:09 AM   #19
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, we have huge projects happening right now, sorry if it sounds like my "energy is wearing thin lately." It is frustrating to do a lot of support while working on the next big feature. We have just added a new full time engineer so instead of 5 projects at a time I maybe able to work on just 3 or 4. :)
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:39 PM   #20
Major Player

Hi David,

I tried it to reproduce it on several computers to make sure it was not coming from my sole Laptop which had already a few version updates of AspectHD. I was suspecting a problem was coming from there first.
Great to hear you found a possible cause. If you need help in betatesting a fix let me know.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2006, 04:24 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Stress

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
Yes, we have huge projects happening right now, sorry if it sounds like my "energy is wearing thin lately." It is frustrating to do a lot of support while working on the next big feature. We have just added a new full time engineer so instead of 5 projects at a time I maybe able to work on just 3 or 4. :)
David,

I have 7 projects on right now but it good to hear the Yanks are pulling their weight ;o)

Will the fix be available for HDLink (part of ConnectHD/Vegas) bundle? (I mean -do you think you have found something universally wrong with the capture SW)

Nick. [UK]
Nick Outram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2006, 08:54 AM   #22
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Who's is a Yank here, I'm Australian. :)

The error is in HDLink which is shared between all our PC applications, so the fix is universal and should be available sometime next week for Connect and Aspect HD.
Old July 13th, 2006, 09:25 AM   #23
Wrangler

Hi David,

I wonder if you might tell us specifically what significant bug fix(es) are slated for the next build releases, either here or as an update to your web site product pages?

In my case, I've had a number of glitches (some definitely Adobe, some definitely Cineform, and some unclear) throughout the process as I've been working through several projects recently. Might save both Cineform and myself having to deal with some trouble tickets if I see that a problem is about to be fixed anyway. I'm sure many others would also greatly appreciate a listing of the pending fixes. Thanks!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #24
CTO, CineForm Inc.

File the trouble ticket if you think you found a bug -- that the way we get to know about them. We don't hold on to bug fixes very long, that tend to get released within a couple of weeks of the fix so there is little value in report on the web site of pending fixes as that data is so fleeting.
Old July 13th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #25
Wrangler

So I'll take that as "no" you aren't telling us what bug fixes are in the upcoming build?
Old July 13th, 2006, 10:05 AM   #26
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We list the bug fixes in the readme of each new release. If we updated the web site for every pending change it would slow us down -- name a company that does that? I saying you really don't want what you are asking for as is of no great benefit.
Old July 13th, 2006, 01:42 PM   #27
Wrangler

Well, even though I'm just a customer I have to respectfully disagree with your perspective on bug notices. But I'll take the discussion off-line and email you guys privately. Looking forward to the next build.
Old July 14th, 2006, 01:50 AM   #28
Major Player

Pete, in reality what you ask is not praktical.
When a software team is bugfixing and adding new features to a software package it's depending on when they release another build to the outside world, one can see which bigfixes are addressed already in that version.
Otherwise it would introduce a big confiusion. I rather prefer to read the release notes to see what is been added and fixed.
Also new bugreports need to be analysed first to know if it is a user mistake, an isolated problem due to a mix of software on the user platform, or a repeatable bug which then can be traced. This takes time and effort from a software team. So placing any possible bug on a website before it is fully addressed is therefore not pratical.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2006, 06:03 AM   #29
Wrangler

There is a difference between detailing every little bug report in real time which no company would or should do, and acknowledging significant "known issues" and giving customers a status which many if not most companies do (even Microsoft!).

Cineform and I communicated privately at greater length yesterday. Let's leave it at that and see what the upcoming build has to offer.
Old August 8th, 2006, 10:09 AM   #30
Major Player

Any news for a possible update?
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase