Wilful and witless dumb and stubborn question. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 5th, 2006, 05:56 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Wilful and witless dumb and stubborn question.

I asked this one some time back before I discovered this Cineform forum, so hopefully no one is offended by the repeat.

With the Aspect HD and related softwares, is it possible to import JVC HD100 origination, Sony HVR Z1P origination, both PAL, both 16:9, shot in their 25P flavours, assemble from both onto a Premiere Pro timeline, then export without there being any differences in the frame size - any other issues which might emerge?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 08:57 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes. You can place 720p25 and 1080p25 on the same timeline. Or you can resize one of the elements while capture/converting it with HDLink.
Old July 5th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #3
Inner Circle

David.

Thanks for the timely response.

I downloaded the demo for AspectHD and ConnectHD. I have Premiere Pro 1.0 only and Pentium 1.6GHz on a no name system I built up to edit DVCAM on.

Despite the machine being well below the minimum, the HDLink part of the system seems to work okay as standalone. On timeline playback in Premiere Pro, as you would expect, the frame rate is down to about half, but a rendered .avi plays back just fine.

Your site mentions support for one of the groundglass based image relay systems, Redrock, I think. What does this support do? Does it do something about the data load imposed by the random grain effect from groundglass relayed images. I ask because it seems to smooth out AGUS35 footage.

Given things look encouraging, I might need to look at Premiere 2 and an upgrade.
Old July 5th, 2006, 11:45 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The Redrock M2 support is mainly intended to flip the capture image 180 degrees -- really helps save time in post.
Old July 6th, 2006, 02:32 AM   #5
Inner Circle

David.

Another query for you.

Available components here for a no-name system are :-

INTEL D830 Dual Core processor. 3.)Ghz.
ASUS P5LD2SE Motherboard with INTEL 945P chipset.
DDR2 memory up to 4Gb.
SATA2 200GB 7200rpm drives.
Sony dual layer DVD burner.

I only know enough technology to be a danger unto myself. So far the no-name hardwares I have assembled for myself have performed for me with no contention or argument except for an overvoltage on the mains power coming into the house which fried two, - a good case for APS power.

Here is where my ignorance shall now show. My understanding is that the video card and video monitor don't have an effect on the ability of the computer and software to capture, manipulate and export the video. Only the quality of the display should suffer. The current monitor is a LG Flatron 795FT Plus.

Will this system work with Windows XP Pro plus Service Pack 2, with Premiere Pro 2 installed. I don't have Premiere Pro 1.5 nor can I now get it. Adobe only sell their latest and greatest. I have Premiere Pro 1.0 which has Mainconcept. I have been using the Sony DVD burner bundle of Nero and Power-Producer for burning DVDs.

This software on the P1.6Ghz system has a habit of losing audio sync then dropping a few frames every three minutes or so to catch up. It does this when recoding mpeg2 files made by Premiere Pro 1.0 or rolling its own from .avi files which were from DVCAM or MiniDV origination.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old July 6th, 2006, 08:28 AM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That system will work well.
Old July 6th, 2006, 01:03 PM   #7
Inner Circle

David.

Thank you for your advice.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase