David I need help, see this file on our ftp - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 11th, 2006, 04:37 PM   #16
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Obin,

The forum is for getting questions fast from other users, and maybe help others in return, plus I help out when I can. However the forum is not a means to bypassing official support, if everything customer did what you did nothing would get addressed. I work will the support guys everyday all through the day. All problems get solved fastest when you go through channels. That is all I'm saying.
Old July 11th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #17
Trustee

Ok, I see your point. You can track issues better in the support area, I will keep it in that area for really tech heavy bug type stuff
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 06:31 PM   #18
Trustee

David, I wonder if when I convert from mxf files into CineForm, do I gain anything in conversions color corrections re-renders etc from, into, outof premiere/aftereffects/Fusion 5 in the 10bit mxf conversion compared to the 8bit? I have been going 8bit and editing in Fusion with float-point as the color work looks MUCH nicer working at a higher bit-depth, then rendering out 8bit cineform files...looks ok...but I wanted to ask you
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 06:34 PM   #19
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Again, as this is question to me, not to the forum, email me. I have replied to your last few emails and resent now that you have corrected your return address.
Old July 14th, 2006, 11:16 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
Either send me the data privately, or go through tech support, I find your use of the forum distrating an ineffecient as there is no way I can draw any conclusions ...
I totally support the idea that these posts are NOT a substitute, or an alternate to the regular support from CINEFORM. We are just spoiling the bandwith here... and this forum will turn out to be UNINSTRUCTIVE and BORING. Pleazzzzz...
Pierre Barberis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase