Prospect HD -- various questions - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 27th, 2007, 02:11 PM   #151
Regular Crew

Prospect 2K and XP X64... help needed

Well to make things short I have tried different OS with my new computer and I've finally settled with WinXP x64 as the most fast and reliable combination, but I have a big problem... HDLink does not see my camera (Canon XL-H1). The camera is detected by Windows (as Canon DV camera) but neither HDLink or Premiere Capture see the camera. Furthermore, old clips cannot get imported by Premiere and AE they freeze and crash (newly converted clips can). have seen that Windows XP Pro x64 has 2 program folders in the C:
Program files and
Program files (x64)

Well, during the installation process I see that by default Cineform installs in the x64 Program files folder but another folder is also created in the Program files folder... I tried to uninstall and install again in the Program files folder but, again, 2 Cineform folders are created: one in the Program files and another one in the Program files x86. Maybe this may give you a clue of what's happening here...

I have already opened a ticket with Cineform support. They are terrific but time goes by and any help would be most welcome. My computer is a Dell Precision 690 (Xenon Dual Quad core with 4GB RAM).

Thanks

ruben
Ruben Torrejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #152
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Not seeing the camera could be a Windows issue, particularly if no tool is working with the camera. The camera's device driver must be recognized by Windows before HDLink or Premiere will see it. I don't have a good suggestion for this, although I don't believe it is not an XP 64-bit issue as others are using that OS for HDV work. Ask support to tell what to look for in device manager. As for the bad files, please send a sample file to support.
Old August 27th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #153
Regular Crew

The strange thing is the device manager sees the camera correctly but HDLink doesn't...
Old August 29th, 2007, 03:25 AM   #154
Regular Crew

I have updated my ticket with more info about this issue. Hope this helps as I'm stuck with my new computer and not being able to use Cineform for my new projects.

Best

Ruben
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #155
Contributor

Vista 64 and Prospect HD and CS3

I'm a happy user of Prospect HD on a Win XP Pro (sp2) dual xeon machine. I also use th Xena LH card along with the CS2 Production Suite. The machine is almost 4 years old and chokes a bit with the large HD files. I'm ready to upgrade to a Q6600 quad core machine, CS3 Production Studio, Prospect HD, same Xena AJA card, and probably an nVidia Quadro Fx card.

I'm also considering a dual boot system with Win XP Pro on one drive and Vista 64 on the other drive. Is this combo of software with Vista 64 compatible with Prospect HD, CS3 Production Studio Premium, and the Xena card? I want to stay a happy user of Prospect HD, so if Vista 64 is a toss-up, it's not worth it. I'm just intrigued by the extra memory I can access with it.

Thanks!

Stuart
Stuart Brontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:45 AM   #156
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Vista-64 is still NOT recommended, as CS3 is a windows-32 application.

Last edited by David Newman; September 18th, 2007 at 11:55 AM.
David Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:50 AM   #157
Contributor

Thanks David. Are you saying not recommended or on recommended (meaning it's ok)?

Stuart
Old September 18th, 2007, 11:33 AM   #158
Trustee

NOT recommended.
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:26 AM   #159
Major Player

Proper Settings for Prospect & HDV Footage

I'm cutting a project that was shot on Canon XH-A1's the suite that I'm in has Prospect not Aspect, since there is no preset in Prospect for 1440x1080i footage I started to edit a preset for my footage.

The issue is that I've noticed an inconsistency in the Prospect presets and it's thrown me for a loop.

In the "Editing Mode" drop down there is a choice for Cinefrom HD, Cineform HDV 720p and Cineform HDV 1080i, the majority if not all of the pre-configured presets are all using the Cineform HD mode, my project is 1080i HDV so should I select Cineform 1080i HDV?

Next, when I change teh Frame from 1920 to 1440 the pixel ratio changes to 4:3 so I'm changing the Aspect from Square (Default) to HD Anamorphic 1080 (1.333) and this gets me back to 16:9, is this correct, I'll assume so unless otherwise.

On the Playback Settings, when the Pop-Up opens, I'm leaving all as defaults with the exception of Playback Control which I've set to about a 9 of 10 on the slider. I've also checked the De-Interlace while scrubbing since it states to do this for 1080i projects.

Capture remains as Cineform HDV Capture via HDLink
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:44 AM   #160
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You have done fine.
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #161
Major Player

Thanks David...
Old October 24th, 2007, 03:57 PM   #162
Contributor

New Computer - how to transfer over Prospect HD

I just took delivery of my new quad core editing system and now need to move over my Prospect HD to the new machine. How do I do this without any problems or activation headaches?

Thanks!

Stuart
Old October 24th, 2007, 04:02 PM   #163
Major Player

Stuart, you can deactivate Prospect HD on your existing machine and then activate it on your new machine. On your existing machine go to www.cineform.com/register.html for instructions.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #164
Contributor

Thanks David. BTW, what's going on with your staff in the San Diego area? Are their homes still in danger?
Old October 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #165
Major Player

Stuart, thank you for asking. As of about 2pm we're 100% back in the office today. As everybody knows the situation was dire in San Diego, but fortunately for all of us at CineForm we had no damage, just lots of ash and a little house displacement for some of us.

Thanks to all of you who have sent notes of support our way....
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase