DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Aspect HD 4.2 now available. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/75534-aspect-hd-4-2-now-available.html)

David Newman September 14th, 2006 09:18 PM

Aspect HD 4.2 now available.

Download the new version from www.cineform.com

New version includes :
• New scaling algorithms, particularly for enhanced interlace SD exports. DVD exports from HD projects have never looked better.
• Desktop and Overlay controls now work as they should. Desktop mode corrects NVidia level shift issues (ATI works best with overlay on.)
• HDLink now supports conversion of common media types (now most files that play with Media Player can be converted with HDLink.) Your good old DV, WMV or any miscellaneous AVI (some MOV) files can now be batch converted into CineForm Intermediate.
• HDLink now supports resizing of all sources to standard HD sizes. Previously you could up-convert SD, or any non-standard image size.
• HDLink now supports resizing of HD to SD great for fast DVD masters from your completed HD projects. Includes 16x9, letterbox and center cropped NTSC and PAL outputs. (new since beta)
• Added aspect ratio control for CineForm SD media (rendering to 16x9 SD now imports as 16x9)
• Enhanced compression quality even further (across all encoding modes.)
• Added 23.976 to 25p conversion within the HDV capture controls for PPro.
• Added de-interlacing and resizing options to Premiere Pro's HDV capture (to match the controls in HDLink.)
• HDLink fix for long file batch M2T to AVI conversions
• Fixed audio corruption that can occur with an interruption of Premiere’s audio conform
• Many many other small fixes and refinements

If you've tried Aspect HD before but your time ran out, download the new trial for a bonus 15 days.

Earl Thurston September 16th, 2006 07:23 PM

Thanks David. Looking forward to trying those new features.

I was hoping the 24p M2T export was fixed in this version but it appears not. (Still causes Premiere Pro 1.5.1 to crash.) Jake Segraves has been doing a great job trying to help me with my support ticket, though. Best support I've seen in a software company.

David Newman September 16th, 2006 11:21 PM

We have a rewrite of the MPEG export coming up soon, as it didn't make it for 4.2. We intend to fix the random export issue like yours (only happen on some systems) and add new MPEG export options. All as free upgrades to Aspect HD 4.x.

Earl Thurston September 17th, 2006 06:08 PM

Thanks again! Really looking forward to it.

Patricia Lamm September 17th, 2006 08:00 PM

Hi David,

I don't know if I'm just "special", but I can't seem to capture in PP2.0 with my Canon XL H1 with Aspec HD 4.2. I can capture using HD Link, but since I prefer to stay inside PP2.0, I've now gone back to version 4.1.

P.S. This is my second install of 4.2 today. After the first install I was unable to play cineform avi files at all -- got a cineform decoder error. A reinstall fixed that problem and I guess I could try a third install to see if it fixes the new capture problem. But I need to get back to working on a project now and 4.1 was working just fine for me.

Christopher Glaeser September 17th, 2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricia Lamm
I can capture using HD Link, but since I prefer to stay inside PP2.0, I've now gone back to version 4.1.

Just curious, why do you prefer to capture inside PPro 2 vs HDLink?

Best,
Christopher

Patricia Lamm September 17th, 2006 10:07 PM

It's just for convenience's sake and habit ... I tend to have PP2.0 open all the time when I'm working and it's easy for me to just capture from inside it.

James Huenergardt September 19th, 2006 08:50 AM

I prefer using PPro 2.0 for capture because I can batch capture that way. It integrates into my PPro project much easier. Unless I'm missing something, I don't think you can batch capture in HDLink.

Jim