Cineform and RED - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 17th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #16
Trustee

I am posting an HD feature that will be in a theater near you soon.
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 11:54 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Alex and Olbin, thanks. Like Vegas, people using Premier don't get the press like when someone uses FCP.

David, thanks, I'm hoping to make things as portable as possible. I guess my negative experiences with Premier 4.x have influenced my judgement about anything from Adobe concerning video editing.
Old October 18th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #18
Major Player

Joe,

Many in the creative community hold on to the (rightful) bad memory of early versions of Premiere. When Adobe went "Pro" in 2004 things became very different, and the app was pretty much fully rewritten.

We have numerous customers who have moved back to Premiere from FCP because they wanted to use the CineForm workflow. In most all cases they were hesitant to make that move because of bad old memories (like yours). But in all cases they acknowledge that Premiere Pro does pretty much everything that FCP does, and in some cases more, like having better deep pixel support (besides the CineForm RT software). Plus it has a better integration story with AE and Photoshop.

You should have good success with your feature using Premiere Pro.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 01:01 PM   #19
Trustee

I remember the days of Premiere 6.5...argg....Pro is a very good solid app...and now the cineform stuff is starting to work well with it. makes for an ideal workflow.
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #20
Starway Pictures

I simply refuse to migrate back to a Windows environment. I have way to much invested in software and plugins. I'm hoping for those Quicktime solutions soon.
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 09:41 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Thanks everyone for the feedback about Adobe. I have AE 7 pro and Photoshop CS2, I just couldn't bring myself to install Premier Pro 2.
But...I'll give it a try.

Note..I dont want anyone to think I'm abandoning Vegas. With ConnectHD, Vegas 7 and my HD100 I have a most excellent set of tools for story telling.

My issues with migrating to Premier have to do with the type of work I'm hoping to do next year.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase