Cineform Quicktime at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 11th, 2006, 01:36 PM   #1
New Boot

Cineform Quicktime

I recall this was mentionned to be on the works, but can't find the post.

Any news, timeframe?

THX

DL
Daniel Leite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 01:50 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Daniel,

Yes, our work on QT is a poorly kept secret, although we have not yet discussed product or technology details publicly. What I can say is that we'll be rolling out QT support in stages. There are numerous features that we want to support, and numerous applications to support, some on Windows, and of course many on MacOS. I suspect we'll make an initial announcement in the next month or so. But the tidbit I'll offer is that our desire is a CineForm QT file will ultimately be compatible with both Windows and MacOS apps without modification.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 02:16 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Taylor
But the tidbit I'll offer is that our desire is a CineForm QT file will ultimately be compatible with both Windows and MacOS apps without modification.
Very cool, cross platform compatibility. Good to see the smaller companies showing the big boys how it should be done.
Old October 11th, 2006, 05:05 PM   #4
New Boot

cineform quicktime

David,

The only well kept secret on Cineform is that you guys kick ass!!! ;-0

Do you mean that in a first intance, Cineform quicktime capture in PC/Xena (prospect hd) and other hdv/firewire capture configs(Aspect HD), for later editing on Mac /FinalCut set-ups?

Later direct Mac Capture?

DL
Daniel Leite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #5
Major Player

Now is that an overt attempt for me to spill the beans? So what good will our press release do? :-)

Ultimately we hope to support all of that and more, so it's a matter of us defining the euphemistic "line" we draw in the sand for the v1.0 release. Some of these things are still fluid, so I can't yet comment on initial features.
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase