AHD 4.22 Ram/Export problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 15th, 2006, 10:08 AM   #1
New Boot

AHD 4.22 Ram/Export problem

I am attempting to export an hour long clip from HD to SD.
I love the quality I am getting now with 4.22. It seems that I am having some kind of ram issues. I have 1GIG of DDR2 ram on my system. When I start to export my ram usage is about 250MB. slowly of the next 10 min my ram usage climbs past 1.9GB. Eventually I get the error message (Error Compiling Movie. Unknown Error.) My ram will not clear until I completely shut down Premier Pro 1.5. Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. I am in a tight time crunch this project is due tomorrow. If anyone has any workaround ideas i would love to hear them also.
Bobby Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 10:59 AM   #2
Major Player

Memory Leak HD to SD

Yes, there is a memory leak, or there was, why is it back?
Submit a trouble ticket to AHD and tell them the memory leak is back, or you found another one....lol.
Below is the last post to my trouble ticket, took two weeks of tests to figure it all out with AHD. Sometimes I feel like a beta tester, sept the part where I pay them.......

"Hi Jon,

Glad it worked!

You don't need to hold onto this; we've just uploaded a new installer to our website that includes this fix.

Basically, there was a memory leak of 120k per frame that was rendered when scaling the output. So, when you reached your RAM limit, kapowee -- crash.

One line of code fixed it. Go figure! These are the kinds of things that drive us programmers nuts. Thanks for working with us through it to find a solution.

Tim
CineForm"
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #3
Major Player

In fairness, how many pieces of software do you buy with so many free upgrades to functionality? I've paid for Aspect HD once and the product is massively improved compared to the version I bought so long ago.
Richard Leadbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 12:28 AM   #4
Major Player

In fairness I expect software I pay for to work as advertised, period.
But I was making light of the problem I had, with what I said, you took it seriously, sorry you took it that way.
Still doesn't fix Bobby's problem......
Jon
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase