30 inch LCD panels, anyone using? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 21st, 2006, 09:00 PM   #1
Major Player

30 inch LCD panels, anyone using?

So, looking at the new HP LP3065 wide screen panel. Anyone using this or the apple or Dell 30 LCD? If so, any vaule with our video editing? What graphic cards are being used? I read the card has to have WQXGA
(2560 x 1600) resolution.

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:10 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Campbell
So, looking at the new HP LP3065 wide screen panel. Anyone using this or the apple or Dell 30 LCD? If so, any vaule with our video editing? What graphic cards are being used? I read the card has to have WQXGA
(2560 x 1600) resolution.

Dave
I have the Dell 30". I'm quite happy with it, even though it's a 11ms response time. Color is very nice, in my opinion, too.

Stacy
Stacy Rothwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 08:34 AM   #3
Trustee

Can you drive a 30" dell and a 20" LCD from one card if it supports dual link DVI? Or does the dual link feature defeat the second DVI output because of the super high res output? I need to know as I have the opportunity to get a 30" Dell here at work but I need 2 monitors still. Before I plunk down the cash for a new Dual-link card I need to know I can still run 2 monitors.

Thanks!
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 09:24 AM   #4
Major Player

If the card is a dual dual link DVI, like the Nvidia FX4500, then you can drive 2 panels, even 2 30 inch. :o)

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase