DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Cineform HDV AVI to Magic bullet (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/80516-cineform-hdv-avi-magic-bullet.html)

Dan Herrmann November 27th, 2006 11:11 PM

Cineform HDV AVI to Magic bullet

I have tried for weeks to take a completed cineform AVI and import it into After Effects 7.0 and use Magic bullet.
Everytime I have done it I render for hours only to get an error that reads (512 after effects error 10:45)
I worked with Red Giant and since I was trialing it for an ugrade and had no luck they eventially awarded me a free upgrade to 2.0/2.1. Great deal but did not solve my problem,
Here is what I am doing
-Edit project in Premiere 2.0 and export to CFHD AVI File

-import CFHD AVI file into AE project and interpret footage fields to off

-Drop the file to create a composition

-CNTL+K and change the rate from 29.976 to 23.976

-Prepare to render using cineform AVI(from pull down menu) and codec 2.7(? i think).

-Start render.....after hours or rendering I get the error again.

I have been trying this for weeks and even used the HDLINK to convert to 23.976 and then just used the deartifactor and received the error.

I can down rez the project to Standard widescreen importing the cfhd file and reducing it to 45% and outputing an AVI file put it into After effects and use the bullet then the look suite apps. so i get theproject done for today.

But I want to bullet the original HDV/CFHD file for future use.

Any one out there that can help?

I got Magic Bullet Suite upgrade for free because they(Red Giant) gave up but that does me no good.

David Newman November 28th, 2006 12:33 AM

Have you filed a trouble ticket?

Are you exporting to CineForm? Is so by which means: Video for Window or the CineForm AVI output module?

Have you asked Adobe what that error means?

Dan Herrmann November 28th, 2006 07:29 AM

Yes I have Filed Trouble ticket

I received the reply's from Red Giant and cineform.
Cineform asked the same question and I do not use the VFW but the cineform output.

I have never had truble using the bullet in AE 7.0 or 6.5 so I assume it had to do with either Magic Bullet suite 2.1 or cineform Aspect.

I have searched the boards and have found nothing.

Maybe a step by step from someone who had some success with this would help. I am sure I am missing something.

The Magic Bullet handbook says it works with HDV. I have changed aspect ratios to 1280x720 to see if that would work but same error.

A scan of adobe boards indicates no like error code.

I use a Dell 670 dual Xeon 3.6, 2GB, Quadro 3400, and sata drives.

Dan Herrmann December 2nd, 2006 03:55 PM

I Have submitted trouble ticket(s)

David:
I have submitted a Trouble ticket. I have not received a reply after I sent further info.
I opened another ticket today.

I have explained that this was looked at a Red Giant and they do nnot believe it is an issue with them. I have no problems bulleting sd. in fact I only have trouble with the CFHD exported files.

Do we have a step by step on how to use a CFHD in AE7 and apply Magic Bullet?

William N Zarvis December 4th, 2006 02:08 PM

I would also like to know the answer to Dan's question above, as I have the same issue.

David Taylor December 4th, 2006 04:20 PM

Guys, we'll check into this. Give us just a little bit of time.

Dan Herrmann December 4th, 2006 07:11 PM

Aspect Hd Magic Bullet Ae7 Error

This is the exact error I receive after hours of renderings---

After Effects error: main() of Magic Bullet caught an unknown exception.
(512)
(25 :: 60)