Standard preset or Cineform? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 5th, 2006, 03:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Standard preset or Cineform?

David,
Is there a difference between using the standard HDV preset in Pro 1.51 and the Cineform presets?
Gildo Houtekamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 03:33 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If you not using CineForm presets you are not use Aspect HD, so yes there is a huge difference.
Old December 5th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Perhaps I have got it wrong, but in Pro 1.51 there is a HDV preset from Cineform; when I use it, it is only not realtime.
So this preset is not using the underlying newer Cineform codec?
TIA
Gildo Houtekamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Only use the preset in the CineForm folder (when you select New Project.) If you don't have any presets in the CineForm folder or you are not getting real-time performance, you will need to contact tech support. For support open a trouble ticket at www.cineform.com/support
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:58 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Only use the preset in the CineForm folder (when you select New Project.) If you don't have any presets in the CineForm folder or you are not getting real-time performance, you will need to contact tech support. For support open a trouble ticket at www.cineform.com/support
I have a similar issue and just opened a support ticket. I get shoddy performance using the HDV presets, and when I select the Cineform preset, I am not able to playback from my sequence at all.

Running on Dual Xeon 3.06, 2GB DDR333, ATI Radeon x850, 2x160 in RAID 0 for video drive.
Bobby Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 11:13 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I think support helped me fix the issue. I had upgraded to PP2.0, but was still having the problem. Support suggested that I go into the application and try the following:

"In the CineForm Playback Settings there is a slider control that adjusts the memory buffer. Try adjusting that one way or the other and then try playing back your timeline again."

I tried this, and it didn't seem to work. However, I exited the application, restarted PP2.0 and it was now working. I think I had turned the slider to the right (more memory). Hope this can help someone else! Thanks Cineform!
Bobby Arnold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase