about cineform connect hd last release. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 1st, 2007, 07:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

about cineform connect hd last release.

hi at alla friends, i am at user of sony hdv hc3 and vegas 7.0c i have download and installed the last release demo of cineform connect hd.
i just testing it standalone mode, the conversion video at cfhd editing format .avi is excellent quality image for color and definition image.
i don't understund the section relative at outputting video
i read a user guide of program page 19 not make any file to windows media 9 hd........ :-(((((((
help my please !!!!
it's possible a limitation of trial demo release ????
i am waiting your reply.

thanks a lot and good year at all people of this excellent forum !!!!

sorrt for my bad english i hope will understund my

my obiective is trasformate my clip m2t 1080i (1440x1080) to wmv 9 hd with optimal quality and not bige size file
Marco Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:15 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Marco - welcome to the forum! The Connect HD utility converts a variety of formats into an AVI (as is its purpose) for use in Vegas and of course other applications. But it does not output other formats (such as WMV). To get a WMV, you'll need to put your CFDI (or HDV) files into the timeline of your NLE (such as Vegas) and then render to the desired format.

At this time, users on Sony's forum for Vegas are reporting that the latest version of Connect HD (3.3) is causing a lot of crashes, capture failures, and file corruptions with Vegas 7.0c. These users are reporting that if they don't use Connect HD 3.3 (e.g. they uninstall it or never installed it in the first place), the problems are gone. They report that they sent tech support requests with details. Hopefully Cineform is working on a fix.

After that fix happens, you should expect great results with Connect HD and Vegas. I've always gotten great results (but I'm not downloading the latest of either application until the problem is fixed).

While we wait for a fix from Cineform, you can directly edit your HDV from the camera using Vegas 7. Also, if needed, you can render the HDV into the Cineform intermediate directly from Vegas (without using Connect HD).

Probably the biggest benefit that I know of for using the Cineform intermediate with Vegas 7 is that you can do multiple generations of rendering without suffering loss of image quality.

It is also great if, for example, you want to process your HDV in a third party application like VirtualDub. There you could run the deshaker filter to fix some shakey footage. And of course there are other things you could do with it.
Jay Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:46 AM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Jay,

The issue you mention have not be confirmed as most users are running fine -- it more likely an installation problem as users who have done clean re-installs don't have any issues. New users are not haven't issues either. We have very few reports, so it more of a forum chatter than anything people are report to support. So at the moment there is nothing to fix. If there are issues, people are not reporting them by file tickets at cineform.com/support.

Here is a quote from Spot/DSE

"There aren't problems with the CineForm files in Vegas 7, or none that I've experienced, and just finished capturing over 100 hours using a mix of CF and native.
If you've got previous betas or older versions of CineForm on your system, you'll need to zap them, but that's all it seems to require to get clean functionality of CineForm in V7c."
Old January 3rd, 2007, 05:59 PM   #4
Regular Crew

David:
on your advise here, I did a clean uninstall of HD Connect, updated Vegas to 7c, then updated to HD Connect 3.3. No problems found. You were correct.

Marco - don't hesitate to keep on trying it out.
Jay Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #5
Regular Crew

what's you think about a this new solutions ???

thanks a lot a david and jay four your answer.
sorry again for my bad english , i hope you understund my :-)))
in last vegas 7.0c is not incluted a codec-encoder cineform connect hd ??
i dont' understand how generation wmvhd from cineform connect hd ....
i hope help my step by step.
what's you think about this alternative solution ???

i see this message from internet.
i have been working with sony hc1 for a few month now and i ' find it very difficult to get a GOOD looking deinterlacec video without jaggiies, while preseving image detail.
i 'm currently using premiere pro 2.0 and build in deiterlacer (like most deiterlarcers) just sucks. i've got a pretty good solution , but it's not very user friendly:
edit in premiere pro 2.0 (i think same for vegas 7)
export the video from premiere or (vegas) by frameserver debug in 1440x1080i
open frameserver file in virtualdub
use the smartdeinterlace plugin for virtualdub to deinterlace.
lancsoz 3 resize tot 1280x720p in virtualdub
use another frame server (avisynt) to export from virtualdub.
openavisynt with adobe procoder 2 canopus to compress the resultate tiìo wmv9 hd.
as you see, this is not the most ideal solution, but i've found that de smartdeinterlace plugin for virtualdub in combination with the excellent lancsoz 3 resize offer far superior image quality compararated to any other deinterlace resize tool i've tried.
unfortunately, virtualdub does not support wmv , so that's why i frame server the deinterlaced and resized video to canopus procoder 2.
as you might understund , i ' m still lloking for a more userfriendly solution.

bye marco
Old January 4th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Use HDLink to deinterlace are resize AVI or M2T files to 1280x720, then load the AVI in the Windows Media Encoder (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.mspx) to make your WMV.
Old January 8th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
Use HDLink to deinterlace are resize AVI or M2T files to 1280x720, then load the AVI in the Windows Media Encoder (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.mspx) to make your WMV.

hi david thanks for you answer.
what's you thinkink about the message of miguel ??
bye marco

miguel write

Hola,

Thanks for writing.

To do this conversion is pretty difficult. We tested probably 20 different versions of our conversion workflow to get our current results.

While we can't reveal the exact details of what we are doing, we can give you a few tips:

1.) try using Microsoft's free Windows Media Encoder:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.mspx

We have also tried ProCoder and encoding internally with Sony Vegas and Avid Liquid but we get the best results from Microsoft's encoder.

2.) after lots of experimenting (and looking at what others do) we've found that the (video only) data rate you should encode at is about 8Mbps for 1080p video and about 5Mbps for 720p video.

3.) try to process your video in as few steps as possible. Every step of processing reduces video quality. If you do just a straight capture->encoding you should see pretty good results.

-miguel
Old January 8th, 2007, 05:16 PM   #8
Regular Crew

hi david

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman

hi david please help my step by step aboute your procedure.
thanks a lot marco
Marco Levi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase