Missing Audio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 13th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #1
New Boot

Missing Audio

I have recorded some 720/50p footage shot with JVC GY-HD201 using Cineform Aspect HD. When I play the clips they look great, I have audio and everything is fine.

When I put them on a timeline i Premiere Pro 2, the audio is missing. What am I doing wrong?
Alexander Kristiansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 08:31 AM   #2
Trustee

Check to see if you have the latest version. I believe that David updated the latest version (released last Friday?) with a new version released yesterday that fixes a glitch with audio in Premiere. This might be your problem.

Good Luck!
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 09:21 AM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, that is it. All our products went through a minor update yesterday afternoon. For Aspect HD you need 4.3.1 build 76, the current download link was upgraded so just download it again. You will need to delete Premiere's audio conform files other PPro will not look for the audio.
Old February 13th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #4
Major Player

The latest update sorted out the problem of missing audio, but now it appears as if the audio is slightly out of sync. Does anybody else get the same feeling?
Lauri Kettunen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 10:46 AM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Nothing has changed with the audio. The bug with the missing audio, was just a typo in code, we weren't changing anything in this area.
Old February 15th, 2007, 06:40 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Kristiansen
I have recorded some 720/50p footage shot with JVC GY-HD201 using Cineform Aspect HD. When I play the clips they look great, I have audio and everything is fine.

When I put them on a timeline i Premiere Pro 2, the audio is missing. What am I doing wrong?
I had some clips in PPro 2.0 that the audio disappeared from. I deleted the preview and media cache folders, PPro reprossed them, and the audio returned -- just a thought.

Wayne
Wayne Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 07:21 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
Nothing has changed with the audio. The bug with the missing audio, was just a typo in code, we weren't changing anything in this area.
Could not find build 76, only 75! No offence, but isn't there a way to fix a typo without uninstalling and reinstalling the entire program again? Am I going to need new keys?

Mike
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:12 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch
Could not find build 76, only 75! No offence, but isn't there a way to fix a typo without uninstalling and reinstalling the entire program again? Am I going to need new keys?

Mike
When I re-DL 'dthe "new" build, it was still identified as 75 on the Cineform site, but upon unzipping, the exe file said 76. Solved my problem
Dearl Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:13 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch

Mike
When I re-DL'd the "new" build, it was still identified as 75 on the Cineform site, but upon unzipping, the exe file said 76. Solved my problem
Dearl Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:27 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearl Golden
When I re-DL'd the "new" build, it was still identified as 75 on the Cineform site, but upon unzipping, the exe file said 76. Solved my problem
Did you end up having to uninstall and reinstall the whole program?

Thanks--Mike
Old February 15th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #11
CTO, CineForm Inc.

A component re-install of CineForm components only takes a minute (if that.) If we told you the one small thing to change it would take longer.
Old February 15th, 2007, 09:29 AM   #12
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
A component re-install of CineForm components only takes a minute (if that.) If we told you the one small thing to change it would take longer.

Thanks David,

I am used to having to go through new key codes and such with every change, emails, support tickets and all. This one was easy.

Thanks----Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase