DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   HDLink hangs constantly (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/88179-hdlink-hangs-constantly.html)

Michael Rubin March 5th, 2007 01:45 PM

HDLink hangs constantly

I'm using the AspectHD trial/demo with an E6600 core 2 duo machine (2 Gigs of ram, 4 sata hard-drives in a RAID 0, PPRO 2). I've been editing HDV (off of my HDR-HC1) for months on this machine and have had 0 problems (other than long render times with any color correction, as one would expect).

Using the AspectHD trial, I have been unable to capture an entire tape directly to CFHD either in PPRO2 or in HDLink (1080 60i and 720 30p had the same result). Roughly half-way through I start getting data corruption (http://picasaweb.google.com/iraxef/A...y=H7PmnX7RoyQ). Finally, I decided to capture to PPRO2's native HDV format for my camera (1440x1080 60i), within PPRO2. This resulted in a corruption-free hour-long file. I then tried convert this file to 1280x720 30p with HDLink (medium). It works perfectly once out of every 4-5 times or so. The other times I find HDLink frozen at some point in the conversion (cpu usage drops to 0 and trying to click on anything in the HDLink window results in a "Not Responding" popping up in the title bar). It's never crashed...it just freezes.

Am I doing anything wrong? My trial is about to run out and I am interested in getting the full version, but not if I can't get these issues sorted out.

Thank you very much.

David Newman March 5th, 2007 01:54 PM

You should file a trouble ticket (www.cineform.com/support.) Support will need information on you PC and camera, as 720p30 is one of the easiest HDV modes -- issues like this shouldn't occurring even on older PC hardware.

Michael Rubin March 5th, 2007 02:36 PM

#611-4126647.

Thank you very much for the quick reply!

Robert Garvey March 12th, 2007 07:21 AM

Using the AspectHD trial, I have been unable to capture an entire tape directly to ...............a "Not Responding" popping up in the title bar). It's never crashed...it just freezes.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Michael,

Did you work this one out?

I think I have the same problem.

Cheers.

Michael Rubin March 13th, 2007 06:54 PM

Robert,

I am currently working with Cineform support, who are being very thorough and helpful, but we have not figured this one out yet.

Michael

Wayne Johnson March 27th, 2007 06:00 AM

When I reported this problem many, many months ago, I was told I was the only one that had it. I discovered on my own that I could only get through a large m2t file by disabling all services and startups other than Microsoft's on my XP system (using run msconfig). Subsequent versions of HDLink exhibited this behavior less frequently to the point where now, running under Vista on the same machine, I no longer bother to disable startup services. I also use HDVSplit, so it is easy to restart HDLink where it hung.

These observations may help you until your support ticket bears fruit.

Matti Remonen March 29th, 2007 04:42 AM

Recently I've also encountered this problem. I captured 5 tapes using HDVSplit and then converted m2t -files to avi's using HDLink. HDLink did freeze constantly after converting a few dozen clips (I had several in multiple directories, max was 500+). Biggest clip was 2 gig as m2t, average was around 200 MB.

I was forced to kill the app (HDLink) from XP (close -> end task) and when restarted it continued converting again up until next freeze. Disabling virus check and/or firewall did not help. Or rebooting the computer.

My setup is AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ and 2 GB RAM. Plenty of disk available (300 gig partition, which still had 50 gig available after conversions).

Wayne Johnson March 29th, 2007 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matti Remonen (Post 650671)
Recently I've also encountered this problem. I captured 5 tapes using HDVSplit and then converted m2t -files to avi's using HDLink. HDLink did freeze constantly after converting a few dozen clips (I had several in multiple directories, max was 500+). Biggest clip was 2 gig as m2t, average was around 200 MB.

I was forced to kill the app (HDLink) from XP (close -> end task) and when restarted it continued converting again up until next freeze. Disabling virus check and/or firewall did not help. Or rebooting the computer.

My setup is AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ and 2 GB RAM. Plenty of disk available (300 gig partition, which still had 50 gig available after conversions).

Did you try disabling startup and non-Microsoft services via MSCONFIG?

Matti Remonen March 30th, 2007 12:17 AM

Nope. This is probably the next step but in general an app should work w/o extensive tweaking of the computer. Especially when I'm doing asynchronous convert where HDLink does not need to keep up with data transfer speed as it is when transferring & converting simultaneously.