DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Cineform workstations and hardware suggestions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/88237-cineform-workstations-hardware-suggestions.html)

Harish Kumar December 10th, 2004 05:10 AM

Cineform workstations and hardware suggestions

Thanks David,

Are there any SDI cards available that can transfer data from firewire of the camera to SDI in the card into the computer ? and then after Aspect HD edits the video then again transfer from SDI to another SDI of a HD machine or Digi Beta for master. Can you please guide if there are such options available. Thanks.... I am in the process of buying all in one shot , the fx1 and Aspect HD with premiere pro 1.5...since the price has gone down now. I am just concerned what will happen to the final output after edit. My aim is that output should be able to project on the theatre screen .

Thanks

David Newman December 10th, 2004 11:03 AM

It sounds like you need Prospect HD, which implements HD-SDI I/O and is 10bit not 8bit, so it is better suited (and proven) for film work. Aspect HD is fine for all your HDV work, but the HD-SDI output would be a secondary step (by exporting your timeline to another workstation that will do the HD-SDI export.)

David Cherniack December 23rd, 2004 01:58 PM

>>Aspect HD is fine for all your HDV work, but the HD-SDI output would be a secondary step (by exporting your timeline to another workstation that will do the HD-SDI export.<<

David,

Wouldn't it be posible just to install a cheap HD-SDI I/O card like the BM in the same machine, render out to their codec assuming the PPro pixel aspect ratio thing gets solved in their next release), create a new PPro BM project, and export it out to whatever HD deck you can beg borrow or steal?

David

David Newman December 23rd, 2004 02:03 PM

Yes David, that would work find. A workaround for HDSDI exports from Aspect HD projects -- I see no issue with that.

David Cherniack December 23rd, 2004 02:06 PM

So when can we expect to see the PAR problem corrected :)

David Newman December 23rd, 2004 02:15 PM

Only Adobe can answer that question without getting me in trouble. :)

David Cherniack December 23rd, 2004 02:26 PM

Spoken like a true developer, at least in a public forum :)

I would only add that if I was a user (I'm on discreet edit for my SD productions), it couldn't be soon enough. Adobe has to understand that if they ever want to play in the professional marketplace , they can't just issue releases once a year. NLE's are complicated little beasts - much more complicated than anything else in Adobe's stable - and frequent small feature upgrades and bug fixes are essential when people's livings are at stake. I just don't know whether their corporate culture can disgest this.

Gabor Lacza May 14th, 2005 08:25 AM

Setup with Matrox card

Is this setup will work with the Matrox card ??
2 regular 19 inch LCD for editing and a Dell 2405fpw monitor for monitoring ???
Can these monitors can be connected and setup for this ???
Please help before I order.
I use Aspect HD + Premire Pro 1.5.1 with the Z1.
Thanks

David Newman May 14th, 2005 10:24 AM

This is support to work based on the Maxtrox docs, yet I haven't tried it.

Gabor Lacza May 14th, 2005 10:27 AM

Are you guys have any plans to try such a setup???

Graham Morton May 23rd, 2005 11:36 PM

It works!

I have an APVe feeding 2 19" LCDs with a the very same Dell as a monitor and it looks great! I had bought all this stuff and had misread the ATI X800 cards info and bought that first thinking tis faster and... blah blah blah. get the matrox, download all the latest drivers and updates for your bios, install, and edit with sweet beautiful results. The only miner gripe I have is that every once in a while the video has a little jaggedness in the lower left of the frame on the Dell display. I really think the APVe is a steal myself though I haven't tried it on any video games as of yet. Let me know if you have any questions Gabor.

Gabor Lacza June 8th, 2005 01:17 PM

I am rethinking my idea with the dell monitor...I hear a lot of not so good reviews about it...I think I will rather use a 22 inch CRT computer monitor !!! But how do you connect them to the card since they do not have component input????
Gabor

Jeff Baker June 9th, 2005 06:38 PM

Have you noticed any delay after hitting the play button from your NLE timeline for the output to the external monitor? I am wondering about Premiere specifically.

Graham Morton June 9th, 2005 09:12 PM

not at all

not any real noticable delay

Derek Serra June 10th, 2005 12:42 PM

Graham, are you using PP1.51 straight, or with the AspectHD plugin?