Cineform Neo Product Line - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 13th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #31
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bartolo View Post
David, is your group going to have any presentations during NAB that we may be able to attend explaining all of the changes to the product lineup and options available?
We don't have any theater-style presentations of our own, but if you're at the show, please come by our booth - SL7826. We'll have all the new stuff running including the beta of our MacOS codec.

Adobe (Jacob Rosenberg) is doing a couple presentations about the CineForm workflow in the Adobe theater. I don't know what the schedule is for those at the moment.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #32
Regular Crew

upgrade costs

well, contrary to comments previously made in this forum, it appears that upgrades to aspectHD will not be free. Are cineform going to fix all the bugs in version 4 that have made th $500 I spent on it pretty well worthless, or are we going to have to shell out more $'s to get a working product??
Ron Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #33
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The hyperbole asside -- we are planning maintainence releases on 4.x, but not new features. We are just adding to much too warrant calling it 4.4.
Old April 13th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #34
Regular Crew

does that mean that the cineform intermediate supported by 4.3 will work in Sorenson squeeze. I've had a ticket open on this for a couple of months.
Also, will the long promised "back to tape" solution going to be made available. Oh, and what about vista?
Ron Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 09:20 PM   #35
CTO, CineForm Inc.

OT: Sorenson Squeeze seems to have an AVI bugs that have nothing to do with CineForm, I personally tried HUFFYUV in Sequeeze and it struggled also, whereas MOV wrapped CineForm files work perfectly -- so the AVI engine in that package is limited. If we do find a fix for Squeeze we will do our best to roll back into 4.x. It is on my task list for after NAB.
Old April 13th, 2007, 09:20 PM   #36
Major Player

David, if it's a "yes", we're in...

So, until the end of the month, we can upgrade our Aspect to Prospect for $400...

We're still fuzzy on one thing, is the HDMI output of the V1 spitting out 1920x1080i uncompressed output, making the Prospect upgrade very attractive indeed?

If so...we're in. You've got our $$....
Old April 13th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #37
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Stephen, yes the $400 upgrade offer is a nice one. Yes the V1 outputs 1920x1080 over HDMI, and Prospect HD will preserve that nice 1920x1080 square pixel image.
Old April 13th, 2007, 11:58 PM   #38
Trustee

It's nice to hear about Mr. Rosenberg is going to explain the cineform process within PPro. For being a small company you guys have hammered out a lot updated code, and I can appreciate your being in a crunch for NAB.

I managed to send off a hard drive with the completed files for the interactive DVD, etc. I also included the CFHD's and a note to look you guys up. Hopefully I will have made some customers for you. Secondly, if I am going to be cutting on this fantastic format, I'm going to be picky in the future as to who I transfer this media to. It would be a shame to see it ruined by someone else's substandard encoding.

Third, I received cudos from my peers and seniors as to my last few projects, as they've indicated a "marked improvement in quality of my videos", and have plans to cut more HD projects. Lastly, my competition, an outside vendor of many years, still has no plans to move to HD (my guess is due to budget). Too bad for them.

Have fun at NAB. I can't wait to run the new Prospect when you get back.
Old April 14th, 2007, 11:00 AM   #39
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Armour View Post
So, until the end of the month, we can upgrade our Aspect to Prospect for $400...
Stephen, only a slight clarification. Anybody that owns Aspect HD at the end of April can upgrade to Prospect HD during the month of May for $400. So you have to wait until May 1 for the upgrade.

Of course if you have projects in progress and don't want to wait until May you can download our Trial version of Prospect HD which will operate with full functionality for 15 days, which takes you almost to the end of the month.

The next release of Prospect HD will have numerous new features including additional QT support for those that need this.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 12:11 PM   #40
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
Stephen, only a slight clarification. Anybody that owns Aspect HD at the end of April can upgrade to Prospect HD during the month of May for $400. So you have to wait until May 1 for the upgrade.

Of course if you have projects in progress and don't want to wait until May you can download our Trial version of Prospect HD which will operate with full functionality for 15 days, which takes you almost to the end of the month.

The next release of Prospect HD will have numerous new features including additional QT support for those that need this.
Thanks for the suggestion. We might do just that with NEO especially. We need some shakedown testing for a mule (for field ingest) on a new long range project. If our friend has that little mule working soon, we'll do exactly that. We can hold off on the Prospect upgrade until that happens, as it's only 2 weeks and a download away, and is for post anyway.

You guys do good work, I like that. Two companies I admire: Cineform is one of them...Tnx.
Old April 18th, 2007, 08:15 AM   #41
Major Player

Does NEO support the new Intensity Pro board?

David, will the new codecs function okay with the Intensity Pro board, with both analog and HDMI inputs?
Old April 18th, 2007, 11:04 PM   #42
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Armour View Post
David, will the new codecs function okay with the Intensity Pro board, with both analog and HDMI inputs?
Haven't tried it yet, but I expect it will without any software upgrades.
Old April 19th, 2007, 03:19 PM   #43
Major Player

Does Aspect HD for Premiere Pro (Win XP) allow you to export your timeline to a .mov Cineform HD file?
Deke Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #44
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Aspect HD v5 will.
Old April 19th, 2007, 04:09 PM   #45
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Aspect HD v5 will.
David... I am very interested in using Aspect HD with Premiere Pro. The main reason I would purchase Aspect HD is so I can export my timeline using the Cineform HD codec.

I downloaded the trial version of Aspect HD a few days ago, however I ran into an error when trying to use Sorenson Squeeze (latest version) with the Cineform .avi file. I contacted Sorenson, and they said that Squeeze does not support Cineform files. This is a downer, because that was the exact workflow I was hoping to achieve, since I need to encode all my videos for the web using Sorenson Squeeze.

I think I heard that Squeeze will accept the .mov Cineform files... is this correct? If so, is there any difference between the .mov and .avi Cineform files? Size, quality, etc? Thanks David.
Deke Ryland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase