Cineform Neo Product Line - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 19th, 2007, 04:17 PM   #46
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
I think I heard that Squeeze will accept the .mov Cineform files... is this correct? If so, is there any difference between the .mov and .avi Cineform files? Size, quality, etc? Thanks David.
I'm still looking into what is the deal with Sequeeze, it seems to be a bugging AVI importer in that product as other codecs have issues too (both Huffyuv and camstudio codecs don't preview, but it likes CineForm the least.) MOV file will be the same quality as our AVIs, only the wrapper changes.
Old April 19th, 2007, 04:23 PM   #47
Major Player

Thanks for the info David... does Squeeze have any problems with the .mov Cineform files? I'm really looking for a way to make this all work.
Deke Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #48
CTO, CineForm Inc.

None that we have found. The fault with Sequence is not with the compression but with the file wrapper, so while AVI doesn't work in their product the MOV of the same data does.
Old April 19th, 2007, 05:43 PM   #49
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
None that we have found. The fault with Sequence is not with the compression but with the file wrapper, so while AVI doesn't work in their product the MOV of the same data does.
And I'm also guessing that the .mov would also work in QT7Pro? That would solve my problems and allow me to work with Aspect HD it sounds.

And the ability for me to use the .mov files will be available in Aspect HD v5? If I ordered v4 in the meantime, is there a free upgrade to v5? Thanks for your help.
Deke Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 11:30 PM   #50
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Deke,

Yes new orders of V4 will get V5 upgrade for free.
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:01 AM   #51
Regular Crew

I may not be looking carefully enough, but for a little while I thought I'd gotten the impression that Cineform (on PC) supported a QuickTime wrapper as well, but with applications that load AVI via QT, the frame comes up blank (no codec). This is Aspect HD, latest version.
K. Tessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:02 AM   #52
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Today's Prospect HD/2K supports quicktime on the PC, Aspect HD v4 does not. Aspect HD v5, out at the end of the month does.
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:04 AM   #53
Regular Crew

Thanks, David.

I'm pretty sure you replied even before I hit Post. A little spooky, that.
K. Tessman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 07:29 PM   #54
Regular Crew

David, is NEO HD not available for (beta) download yet? I tried to download the trial (from the link that says all betas available for Windows) from the Cineform's NEO page but the link I get sent is for Connect HD 3.41.
Old April 20th, 2007, 07:36 PM   #55
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Duckworth View Post
David, is NEO HD not available for (beta) download yet? I tried to download the trial (from the link that says all betas available for Windows) from the Cineform's NEO page but the link I get sent is for Connect HD 3.41.
Next week. We're working on it as we speak....
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 09:50 AM   #56
New Boot

NEO HD Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
NEO HDV is an upgraded version Connect HD.
NEO HD adds 10-bit and 1920x1080
NEO 2K adds to HD 12-bit, RGB 4:4:4 and 2048x2048
NEO 2K-Ingest (coming) turn yours PC into 4:4:4 DDR

Aspect HD, Prospect HD and Prospect 2K get enhanced but remain our flagship products.

Decklink is only supported as an ingest card, AJA remains our choice editing card for the forseeable future.

Mac version of NEO intend to have the same features as the PC versions. There is no equivalent to Aspect/Prospect on the Mac annouced yet.
Hi, can anyone confirm, having purchased CF NEO HD latest version, if YUV10bit 422 footage generated with HD link will work with Vegas8 maintaining the resolution & depth?
can we open a CF NEO HD template for editing those videos in Vegas8? or better go with CS3 & Propspect 2k for YUV10bit 422 videos?
Abdulla Nadym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #57
Trustee

I have what might be a stupid question, but is there any way to use NEO HDV on the MAC platform?

I do event video shooting with Sony FX1's and work in both Sony Vegas and FCP on a quad core MAC PRO system, and have no need of 10-bit HD footage, as 8-bit is fine for my purposes.

Would I need to purchase NEOHD and capture in a lower 8-bit format, or is there a way that I can use NEOHDV on a MAC.

I'm weighing y options on work flow using FCP and either capture in ProRes 8-bit, capture and work in HDV and QT export to ProRes, or use Cineform 8-bit and render out as either Cineform or ProRes.
Old August 8th, 2008, 12:52 AM   #58
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Liebergot View Post
I have what might be a stupid question, but is there any way to use NEO HDV on the MAC platform?
CineForm has only made a decoder and encoder for the Mac, not the HD Link capture tool. Capture needs to be done on PC. If you want to use the encoder on Mac (ie, exporting as CineForm from FCP), you'll need the more expensive NEO HD or Prospect HD.
Old August 8th, 2008, 06:52 AM   #59
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Leadbetter View Post
CineForm has only made a decoder and encoder for the Mac, not the HD Link capture tool. Capture needs to be done on PC. If you want to use the encoder on Mac (ie, exporting as CineForm from FCP), you'll need the more expensive NEO HD or Prospect HD.
I am aware that I would have to capture the footage in Widows using NEO.

But if I decided that I wanted to encode as ProRes from FCP, I could use NEO HDV for capture on the PC side sing Bootcamp or Parallels, correct?
Old August 8th, 2008, 07:57 AM   #60
Major Player

Michael, yes, you can use Neo HDV (Windows) for capture/inv telecine/etc on Windows and produce a CineForm MOV file. That CineForm MOV file can be directly imported into FCP. On Mac, if you don't intend to render back into CineForm files - i.e., all Mac renders will be to ProRes - then you can use CineForm's free Neo Player-Mac. If you want to render into CineForm files on Mac then you'll need Neo HD which comes with serial numbers for both Windows and Mac.

NOTE1: Because we don't yet have HD Link running on Mac we temporarily offer both Windows and Mac S/Ns with a purchase of Neo HD. Hopefully we'll have our first look at HD Link (will be renamed) on Mac in early/mid 4Q.

NOTE2: Parallels previously didn't properly support Firewire ports, although I know that was a bug they were going to fix. You might double-check this. This is relevant for HDV capture using Parallels. Bootcamp works fine.
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase