Cineform Confusion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 17th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Cineform Confusion

I was looking at the Aspect HD V5 and noticed that on the Cineform website that it will now take an HD SDI ingest but it can't batch capture. Is this right?

Here is a possible setup
Aspect HD
AJA card
Matrox graphics card to monitor the timeline

I will be the first to admit that it doesn’t seem real logical to do this but it could cut down on the cost a little. I know that Aspect it locked down at 1440 but most of the cameras today (like the F900) only shoot 1440. To tape that is.

I also would like to know if Cineform is truly doing away with the Prospect HD's two different version (edit / ingest) and strictly going to just Prospect HD with the 2K version for those who need that type of workflow.

I saw another post here about the CS3 production premium working very well with the Cineform products. Nice job guys. Even though you know that there are still a couple of bugs in the system.
Matthew Pugerude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 01:38 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Pugerude View Post
I was looking at the Aspect HD V5 and noticed that on the Cineform website that it will now take an HD SDI ingest but it can't batch capture. Is this right?
This is true. Our HDLink utility will capture HD-SDI in all of our products using either Blackmagic or AJA HD-SDI cards. But...HDLink does not offer batch capture. For batch capture you need to use the Premiere Pro capture interface available with Prospect HD and 2K.

Quote:
Here is a possible setup
Aspect HD
AJA card
Matrox graphics card to monitor the timeline

I will be the first to admit that it doesn’t seem real logical to do this but it could cut down on the cost a little. I know that Aspect it locked down at 1440 but most of the cameras today (like the F900) only shoot 1440. To tape that is.
This will work....

Quote:
I also would like to know if Cineform is truly doing away with the Prospect HD's two different version (edit / ingest) and strictly going to just Prospect HD with the 2K version for those who need that type of workflow.
Yes. Prospect HD becomes a single sku item at $999 - essentially the previous Prospect HD-Ingest, but with the new v3 features. Prospect 2K will remain with separate versions, one for "Edit" and one for "Ingest". And of course 12-bit CineForm 444 will be part of both versions of P2K.

Quote:
I saw another post here about the CS3 production premium working very well with the Cineform products. Nice job guys. Even though you know that there are still a couple of bugs in the system.
Thanks! Yes, there are still a few things we need to do, and of course you always find these things in front of a customer at NAB.... :-)
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase