DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Cineform Beta has crashed my computer, how do I remove it? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/93115-cineform-beta-has-crashed-my-computer-how-do-i-remove.html)

Jim Fields May 3rd, 2007 09:49 AM

Cineform Beta has crashed my computer, how do I remove it?

I was pretty stupid putting the beta software of Cineform on my Mac, I should have known better.

Anyway, I put the Beta on, it came on whenever it felt the software needed to, and I was not paying attention to the experation date.
Yesterday, after I restarted my machine, the Cineform Splash shows up as it always did, only this time there are no buttons to click, no words to read, no options.
In doing so I can not open another finder window, I can not open any files.

I would have to know what I am looking for in Spotlight, then maybe get it to open.

Cineform has crashed my computer.

How do I take this software off my machine?
I am not going to wipe a 750GB hard drive that is 3/4 full of footage.

Pete Bauer May 3rd, 2007 11:07 AM

Jim, the Cineform folks check in here often but I'd still strongly recommend contacting them directly using their Trouble Ticket system.

PS: I'm not a Mac guy...can you boot from a removeable disk and work from there to uninstall Cineform?

David Newman May 3rd, 2007 11:22 AM

In the CineForm folder within Applications has a readme to explain how to manually remove the codec.

It is very simple

Go to the /Library/QuickTime Folder

remove the CFHDCodec.component

Peter Ferling May 3rd, 2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Fields (Post 672048)
I was pretty stupid putting the beta software of Cineform on my Mac, I should have known better.

That's why it's called BETA :) Don't beat yourself up, you weren't being stupid, just taking a risk.

How did it work otherwise before it expired? I have an outside agency that we share projects with, they use macs and cineform would be a good match.

David Newman May 3rd, 2007 11:49 AM

In the updated beta we removed many of those pop-ups, so it is already evolving based on user feedback. A third generation beta should be up in a week or so.

Jim Fields May 3rd, 2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 672125)
In the CineForm folder within Applications has a readme to explain how to manually remove the codec.

It is very simple

Go to the /Library/QuickTime Folder

remove the CFHDCodec.component

HA!!!

I did not have that readme file, and could not for the life of me find that info on the website.

Of course I have a 2 week old baby and have not slept in well, 2 weeks.

However, I did find the file, and have deleted it.

I had to re-apply for a serial for the beta, and by the grace of god,I had opened iTunes on accident, a second cineform box popped up, asked for a renewal, I slapped in the new serial, rebooted, no problem, I was then able to open a finder, and delete that bad boy.

Thanks guys.

Now, If I can only figure out why my poor baby girl has colic and why sleeping seems to be such a hard thing to get.

oh, btw, is there an admin link, or tech link on this website, cI have to log in everytime i visit this website.

Pete Bauer May 3rd, 2007 04:50 PM

Glad it got sorted out.

On the log-in, my understanding is that there is a Safari issue w/ the forum software that DVinfo uses:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=92913

The site owner and tech support are aware and seeking to fix the issue.

David Taylor May 3rd, 2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Fields (Post 672151)
HA!!!

Now, If I can only figure out why my poor baby girl has colic and why sleeping seems to be such a hard thing to get.

David Newman might have some good advice about this too.... :-)

Salah Baker May 3rd, 2007 07:04 PM

colic pills...my Son had it bad and we gave him a few and bam..Silence

Jim beam is next option...J/K

Jim Fields May 3rd, 2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salah Baker (Post 672399)
colic pills...my Son had it bad and we gave him a few and bam..Silence

Jim beam is next option...J/K

I am more of a Tequlia person myself.