DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Latest CS3 and CineForm Aspect/Prospect. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/94290-latest-cs3-cineform-aspect-prospect.html)

David Newman May 17th, 2007 01:17 PM

Latest CS3 and CineForm Aspect/Prospect.

1 Attachment(s)
I know several of you have be using the Adobe public beta of Premiere Pro CS3. This is great as Adobe needs all the feedback they can get, particularly if an Adobe bug impacts using your CineForm tools, which Adobe is not testing for. In the latest CS3 release, the plug-ins registry path changes are incompatible with many existing installers, this means your Aspect HD installer, which was working fine, will no longer function on CS3. I have complained, but Adobe has their reasons. As I want you to continue using the CS3 beta and reporting bugs, here is the patch to address the Adobe changes.

The attached download has registry keys for changing where the plugins are installed. These registry keys assume a default Premiere install to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\...", if you installed elsewhere you can simply text edit these *.reg files.

Once CS3 is installed, before installing Aspect HD or Prospect HD/2K, double click on the FixPluginsPath30.reg file. Now the CineForm install will work correctly. To restore the new Premiere plug-ins folder of other components you can optional then use RestorePluginsPathCS3.reg.

Others have noticed removing CS3 breaks installing tools back into older versions of Premiere -- this is true. To fix an older install after removing CS3, run the file that matches your Premiere Pro verison.

FixPluginsPath15.reg or FixPluginsPath20.reg.

I hope this is helpful.

Dave Campbell June 1st, 2007 08:41 PM

Okay, trying to load CS3 cineform. So, first tried normally, and it did not work no CF in CS3. I remembered reading about a bug, so here was the solution. I uninstalled CF, I ran fixplugins, and reran the 129 Prospect installer. I run CS3, and I see a CF folder when I start CS3, but nothing in it.
So, any ideas how I messed it up?

Thanks

Dave

David Newman June 1st, 2007 08:54 PM

Try build 3.0.1.130, just posted.

Salah Baker June 1st, 2007 09:15 PM

update points to 129 still

Pete Bauer June 1st, 2007 09:20 PM

Refresh your browser and try again. I just went to Cineform.com and got the 130 build through the update button.

Salah Baker June 1st, 2007 09:23 PM

sheeze, David,
BM checks updates/firmware as we start the program, I game for it in CineForm

Salah Baker June 1st, 2007 09:30 PM

still Prospect2KDLv301b129-070518.zip via email

David Newman June 1st, 2007 09:54 PM

I don't know why the dual link version is still 129, both were updated.

Dave Campbell June 2nd, 2007 06:50 AM

Does one still need to use the registery trick for build 130?
Will give it a shot

Okay, just read the log, and says the CS3 install issues are fixed

Dave

Dave Campbell June 2nd, 2007 08:11 AM

Okay, build 130 fixed the CS3 install issue.

Dave