DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Took the plunge to Prospect... activation issues (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/95106-took-plunge-prospect-activation-issues.html)

Tip McPartland May 27th, 2007 01:38 AM

Took the plunge to Prospect... activation issues

Well, I just upgraded from Aspect to Prospect to beat the end-of-May deadline for the lower price.

Questions abound, such as why can't I activate with my new key and why haven't I been given a Prospect serial number? Does it take a while for the key to become valid at the Cineform end? Do I continue to use the AHD serial number?

Why do the instructions in your e-mail tell me just to type in the listed name and key, but then the activation dialog box also asks for the serial number... that perhaps I haven't been sent? And it lists a system number I've never seen before and can't change -- I assume I shouldn't.

This is typical activation hell not unique to Cineform, but come on guys, you're better than the rest, please make the activation logical and well documented.

Yes, I've already e-mailed support, but I don't imagine I'll hear back from them over the weekend.

And for my final question, above all else when will the promised upgrade enable me to capture my XDCAM HD 35 Mb/sec material?

Tip

David Newman May 27th, 2007 09:20 AM

XDCAM support is coming but not here yet. You can enter the activation without using the serial number, but I think an upgrade uses your existing serial number.

Tip McPartland May 27th, 2007 10:29 AM

No cigar...

David,

Thanks for your very rapid response!

However, I've tried not using a serial number, it tells me that the activation key is bogus. I've copied and pasted the key so no human error there.

Of course Prospect works fine... bu only for fifteen days. My problem is that I work in LA during weekdays and stay there overnight, so it's hard to be with my home editing system during your tech support hours. What else can I try, if anything?

Tip

David Newman May 27th, 2007 10:37 AM

Sorry, we will need to wait until Tuesday to find out why that activation doesn't work. Do check that you name is presented the same as in the activaton email -- the name and activation are keyed together.

Tip McPartland May 27th, 2007 11:16 AM

Ouch...

Well, I'll be at my development writer job in LA on Tuesday through Friday, maybe it'll activate today... could be it takes time for the Cineform system to update to accept that. Hoping anyway.

David Newman May 27th, 2007 04:01 PM

There should be any time involved once you have the activation key, as we not need an internet connection for the activation to work. Somehow we sent you either the wrong activation key or your system code has changed (put your current system code in the trouble ticket.) On Tuesday support will hopefully get to your enquiry and fix thing via email, you will not need to be at you home PC.

Tip McPartland May 27th, 2007 05:16 PM

Thanks...

I'll start a ticket with all the info. Thanks again.

Tip