What did I buy? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 9th, 2007, 03:52 PM   #1
Major Player

What did I buy?

Davids...

Thanks to you guys and your support for the help with my activation issue on my Aspect to Prospect update. It is now up and running. I guess everyone should get the heads up though that you DO need a serial number to activate, and for this update it has to be a Prospect serial number.

Now that activation is out of the way, I have the problem that Prospect will not capture. Did I miss something and the version you get for $400 (May only price) is so hobbled that it's not supposed to capture, just perhaps import, which it doesn't seem to want to do either.

I get a message at the top of the capture window "capture device offline." When I change to my old reliable MainConcept MPEG2 capture device it works fine even though he project was created as Cineform 1920x1080 30P.

Also the V1 camera doesn't get machine control with Cineform HDV setting, but there is machine control with the standard DV/HDV setting.

I hate new software... until it works, then I always love it.

Tip
Tip McPartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You have a full version with capture. You need to set the device control to CineForm and capture with the CineForm HDV ... If problem persists, have Jake or Tim fix things for you on Monday, in the meantime use HDlink to do your captures -- same quality.
Old June 9th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Wow, you guys are on the ball...

David...

It is amazing how good a job you do of monitoring this list and responding to people's issues. Thank you... even if it doesn't work!

Tip
Tip McPartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #4
Major Player

HD Link dead in the water

The HD Link application gives me a similar message, this one, "no capture device connected." One might think the cable or camera with this.

Yet I had machine control with some of the generic capture settings in Premiere and a live record button with MainConcept, which makes me think that the firewire cable and camera are not the problem.

Also everything worked sweetly with Aspect and I edited some decent stuff with no problem. Even burned an Aspect project to Blu-ray.

Tip
Tip McPartland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase