Prospect HD capture question - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 12th, 2007, 08:22 PM   #16
Contributor

Sad to say the second render at 16 bit produced the same problem. What the heck is going on? In the Premiere timeline the segment will playback, BUT when I stop it you cannot see the still image anymore. In the preview window above the bin the clip looks purple and psychedelic. Weird!

I just checked it again. When I manually scrub the time line on this clip it flips upside down and turns that weird purple color. If I allow for auto scrub, it plays back okay until I stop it.
Stuart Brontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #17
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Could you email me a short sample via yousendit.com? Does it play in MediaPlayer? Does it show correctly in AE? Are using a AE CS3 beta?
Old June 12th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #18
Contributor

I'll have to send it to you tomorrow. I'm trying to do a work around right now in Premiere and running short on time.

It does NOT play in media player. I'm not using CS3. It shows fine in AE.

There's got to be something in that portion of the AE project that's causing this. Are there any known issues with AE 7 and adding effects to a clip that cause PHD a rendering problem?
Old June 12th, 2007, 08:49 PM   #19
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I have the ask the question again : Are you rendering to the "CineForm AVI" module, or "Video For Windows"? Your answer was not clear before.
Old June 12th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #20
Contributor

I think I know what you're saying... I chose Video for Windows and then used the Cineform codec under the drop down menu. I assume that was wrong... If so, I wish I had looked more closely at your earlier post. I'll go check it now.
Old June 12th, 2007, 09:00 PM   #21
CTO, CineForm Inc.

VideoForWindows is only there for 8-bit support, you want to use the "CineForm AVI" export module when you add the comp to the render queue.
Old June 12th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #22
Contributor

Yep... I see it now. Egg on my face! Thanks again David for being patient with me on these newbie to Cineform issues.
Old June 14th, 2007, 06:37 AM   #23
Major Player

I gave dual input 720p/60 CineForm capture a whirl today on my Q6600-based machine using our own capture tool.

The bad news: there's only support in your graphics card for one hardware overlay, so running two preview windows (one on each instance of the capture tool) effectively kills off performance on both captures.

The good news: turn off one preview window and allocate CPU affinity (ie two cores to one capture tool, two cores to the other) and things seemed to work out very well indeed.

I must admit that I'd never really thought about this, but it's very cool to see it in action... would be even cooler if the preview windows worked though. It's not something I could ever conceive of being worthwhile enough to develop into an actual product, unless you guys think otherwise.
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:16 AM   #24
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Richard, awesome real world test. We knew dual stream capture would work in theory and we have done performance tests for it, but only with simulated sources. Great report.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase