Props to CineForm at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 12th, 2007, 07:51 PM   #1
Major Player

Props to CineForm

When things go right you don’t see a word here.
When things go wrong you will see them here. (Satisfied customers tell one, dissatisfied customers tells 11) CineForm has made its CTO, CEO and Jake (more maybe?) publicly available to everyone (and emails).
For a small company to post about its failures (yes they have said they have mistakes)
in public is really amazing.
Look at AVID, ADOBE, is may take months/years before you see an update that fix’s an issue on your system.

These folks, from a very small company (I think I have talked to all of them), have changed Tech Support.
I can call Tim, for 20 seconds and state my issue, and know damn well he is working on it (caveat, hard to do phone support with CineForm)
But, I think they have 11000+ users (+ the CrackZ Head/newbie’s that post) and I think about it.
If I put 11k computers in a room with differing hardware I would be nuts with just driver issues….
Salah Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 08:27 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Thank you, we are always try to keep on top of things as word of month drives most of our business. Tim and I fixed another rare bug today driven by support inquiries. Yes phone support is hard as you are in the ball park for the number of customers we have. Support is also handled by engineers, we can't afford to have engineers on the phone all day when they could be fixing bugs or adding features. This way issues are fixed quickly, yet we need to defer most support to email or the ticket system.
Old June 13th, 2007, 07:54 AM   #3
Regular Crew

completely agree. aren't us south louisianians so nice :)
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:29 AM   #4
Major Player

Yup!

I 3rd your statement. Not only was Aspect the only work flow worth considering when I bought my JVC HD100, but I have had great support with the product for almost a year. I ran into some problems with Aspect and Jake helped me through it (find the bug) and then released a new version with the fix, all in a week or so. Try that with Adobe or Mircosoft, or Apple, or Avid, or just about any other software I use, er I mean beta test...lol.
Keep up the good work Cineform!
Cheers,
Jon

FOTG Films
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I also agree. A small company making a wonderful software product, filling a major void and doing it with a smile.

Good things will continue to come from them I'm sure.
Tim Holtermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:46 AM   #6
Major Player

Yebo !

What to say if you have never used support.

My Prospect in our language : "skop gat" in english it would be something
like ; "kick a...

Herman.
Herman Van Deventer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #7
Major Player

I too will say that any issues or concerns I had have been QUICKLY responded to by David & Tim either here or directly at Cineform. *Excellent* company and they work only a few miles from my house!

If you guys every throw some type of open house party/invitation, please post here so I may come shake your hand and thank you personally for being the kind of people that do right by their customers.

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #8
New Boot

Aspect HD and Cineform AVI problems

I have owned Aspect HD for over two years and have expereinced nothing but problems with this software. It has an extensive amount of bugs, errors and issues. Cineform AVIs also do not render properly from After Effects.

My HD workflow is rendered useless with Aspect.

It seems like they are overwhelmed with Prospect 2K and not taking care of the core issues with its codec and it's capture utility HDlink.

I can honestly say I hate this software. I wish this weren't true but this software really sucks.
Dustin Kersnowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I'm only really an occasional user (by that I mean a hobbyist videographer) and I'm hardly pushing the s.w to the edge of the envelope but I can only agree withe vast majority of those above. The support from Cineform is second to none. I use one other piece of software where the support is comparable and again it is not one of the giant cops.

I've had one or two issues (sometime they prove to simply be my own impatience) but they've always been dealt with quickly and proffessionally. Living across 'the pond' in good old blighty I've sometimes had to wait for them to get out of bed and off to work before they can answer my query but, hey, that's life.

Frankly, a post like that made by Dustin, aboive, rankles my. It makes certain statements about boith the company and the producst they produce and does not even attemot to justify the claims made of offer examples.

If he's had problems then with a post count of only 4 he's hardly bothered to discuss them here has he?

Anyway, hats off the Cineform. If you guys come over to my neighbourhood in the UK, let me buy you a drinkl!
Alan Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 05:35 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Kersnowski View Post
My HD workflow is rendered useless with Aspect.

I can honestly say I hate this software. I wish this weren't true but this software really sucks.
hmmm what’s your workflow?
I’m using P2K and Adobe Production Suite 2 and have had some issues but nothing that is a show stopper.
I can always find a temp workaround till the next release.

Saying it sucks is a bit over the top, I dual boot to the AJA Xena workflow and find about the same amount of issues with it.
Salah Baker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase