windows xp 64bit support... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 13th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

windows xp 64bit support...

will aspect 5 install and run on xp 64bit? thinking of installing it and running production suite on it instead of xp 32bit. kind of been reading around and people seem to find speedwise its the same as 32bit however it appears to be severely more stable.
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 03:10 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes we have many customers using XP 64-bit. Just watch out for driver support, the Panasonic P2 drivers are only 32-bit (last time I checked.)
Old June 22nd, 2007, 03:05 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Someone working with AspectHD, and Adobe Production Suite in XP 64?

Can you say there is a relevant improving performance?

What about the RAM issue, have you more than 4 G RAM installed?

Thanks
Hernan Vilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 07:11 AM   #4
Regular Crew

No one using Cineform and XP 64 bits?
Hernan Vilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 11:29 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I`ve tried to work with prospect in xp64 but Production Studio had a lot of issues, for example i couldnt scroll the bars, sometimes i couldnt render even when using 8gigs of ram?

Someone of cineform support told me that there are some issues with Production Studio that are corrected on the new CS3
Sergio Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #6
Regular Crew

On my Dual processor, WinXp64, I tried to download ProspectHD but it would not install, but NeoHD did and it seems to be doing all we need. I have already converted several M2T files.

However, we will be testing the entire workflow on Wednesday.
M
Malameel Shawky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 06:10 AM   #7
Regular Crew

well, no problem with prospect installing on my xp64. running a quad core with 4gig. btw, I read that the production studio does not like 8 gig and has some sort of check that will cause it to screw up if it sees more than 4gig. could be bs but I saw it a couple times on the adobe forums. it seems to run like a champ, the only issue is that after the studio finishes installing u lose your dvd-rom (code 19) b/c of something encore does in the registry. now there is a registry fix for that but I can't seem to find it. other than that it is definitely is more stable than my 32bit machine. I've thrown lots at it and not a single crash/error yet. render times are bout the same as my 32bit machine.
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 11:01 AM   #8
Major Player

I run connectHD with no problems in XP 64 bit

The issue I have is that I can not convert P2 footage because panasonic does not have 64-bit compatible P2 drivers (at least that I know of - someone please tell me if I'm wrong)

Brian
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Hi Brian,

Sadly that still seems to be true. You need the P2 drivers installed to install the Pansonic MXF demux and decoder, yet we don't need the driver to perform the conversion. Also the Pansonic demux and decoder do work on XP 64-bit, but getting them there will likely require breaking a license agreement. Plus, as the Panasonic MXF files are less than standard, other MXF demuxers don't work well on that media, so it rule using Raylight out. We are looking into solutions for 64-bit users of P2 cameras.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase