Export Cineform avi from PP2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 20th, 2007, 01:27 AM   #1
New Boot

Export Cineform avi from PP2

Hi

I use premiere pro 2.0 with Cineform's Prospect HD and I have a problem with exporting the final project to a Cineform avi. The project is about 20'. It begins to export but it never arrives at the end. At a certain point there is always a message that the export could not be finished. The cineform avi file is then about 16GB. The system is an Athlon Dual Core 4800 with 2GB RAM. Druing this encoding process the RAM consumption is very hight about 2.40GB; is this normal? What can I do to export such a project. My goal is to use theese avi files as an archive for later use (encoding to wmv, H.264, etc.). I can without a problem export this project in a m2t file but that's not what I want, because of the loss of quality.

Best regards.

Fritz
Ffritz Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 09:20 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Are you clips all CineForm, our are they mainly of media types in the timeline, if so what is being used? We have found the HUFFYUV source cause a memory leak (an adobe issue when using 32-bit modes.) Try turning off the 32-bit mode then export. However if there is an issue in the 32-bit mode, could you do an export in 32-bit and watch the memory useage, after the first 50-100 frames the memory usage should not go up. If you find a particular timeline segement results in a large memory increase, we would like to know what is in that segment.
Old June 20th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #3
New Boot

Hi

Thanks for the answer.
The clips in the timeline are all cineform expect there are tga sequences for the intro and for some stills. After the first 50 - 100 frames the memory usage goes up and up. Where do I deactivate the 32-Bit mode? I have to do some further tests tonight so I can tell you then what's exactly there in the timeline. I also have some CineForm avi's which I generated in AfterEffects from tga stills overlayed with text in PP2 and there the encoding is very slow and the memory usage increases there as well.

Best regards.

Fritz
Old June 21st, 2007, 07:48 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Thanks Fritz, we will look to see if there are issue with TGA files. CineForm is one of the few companies to do so much with 32-bit float, so we get to test all the Adobe bugs in the area (plus some of our own.) Go in the the playback setting control to turn off 32-bit float with CineForm projects.
Old June 21st, 2007, 02:58 PM   #5
New Boot

Hi David

Thanks again for your help!! The memory issue is the same as already mentioned but the crash I think was a clip with the a color correction filter. I changed this and there is no crash for the moment. But I have a problem with the sound in the exported cineform avi's because the sound is a little behind the original one in the timeline.
Old June 21st, 2007, 03:56 PM   #6
New Boot

Hi David

Sorry I have to correct myself. The audio sync problem exists only if the avi is played in a software video player like media player or others. When I import the avi in PP2 again then the sound is OK.
Ffritz Arn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase