DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   CineForm question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/97768-cineform-question.html)

Salah Baker March 2nd, 2007 09:06 PM

David, any NAB teasers

Anything you can share?
Hints are good too :D

David Newman March 2nd, 2007 10:18 PM

This year is the first time we have a booth (SL7826), it is small but not in a bad location (very near Apple.) Normally we have a distributed presence, appearing in multiple locations (partner booths like Sony, Canon, JVC, Adobe & Microsoft.) We are still in some partner booths, but it nice not to have so much running around. We will be showing lots cool stuff, with new stuff like MacOS support, 4:4:4 12-bit compression, new Adobe stuff, HDMI RT capture, as well and the latest for CineForm RAW at 2K (and maybe 4K if we have some nice footage) all running RT will the latest Intel procs. I think we will be spilling into the aisle.

Richard Leadbetter March 3rd, 2007 02:30 PM

I remember a suggestion on this forum in the dim and distant past for 4:4:4 CineForm, but I had no idea it was going to be implemented. Will this be rolled out into a super-high Prospect product, or will it be a function of the current Prospect codec?

I wish I could be visiting NAB to see all this new stuff for myself.

David Newman March 3rd, 2007 03:27 PM

The details of the 4:4:4 roll-out are still under wraps. However I expect/hope you will be happy with the plans.

Salah Baker March 10th, 2007 04:59 PM

latest beta oddity

ProspectHD-EditOnly-2.3.3.113-Setup.exe

whats this?:when starting PPRO2

OMP abort: Initializing libguide40.lib, but found libguide40.lib already initialized.
This can cause performance degradation.
Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE if you want your program to continue in this case.

Then it either crashs or just goes away..

David Newman March 10th, 2007 05:15 PM

Don't you send that to support? Sounds like an issue with the Intel threading libraries, i.e. pretty fixable.

Salah Baker March 10th, 2007 06:54 PM

nevermind David I found an offending file.IT had copied directories looking at something else.....so I had 2 libs in filters folder

That is the last time they touch my stuff

Salah Baker March 30th, 2007 08:30 PM

HDlink

Something is wrong in HD Link David..
if you start one capture via Hd Link, and stop it it stalls at second encode

David Newman March 30th, 2007 09:25 PM

Need more documentation, but not here, please file a trouble ticket with the repeatable steps.

Salah Baker May 17th, 2007 06:29 PM

HdLink

tried to convert a CineForm avi from FS1 to low today in hdlink.
It refused to put it in the folder I wanted (select aint working) just a heads up.
doing a mov is a small workaround

David Newman May 17th, 2007 06:52 PM

Please, file a detailed report with support, as I don't really understand.

Salah Baker May 30th, 2007 04:55 PM

oppssseee goofed

Messed up today capturing via Firewire on my laptop with cineform in PPRO2.
I mis-judged the size of the file to hdd space.
So after capturing the file, during the re-encode cineform ran out of space and I lost a half hour of the avi, but I have CineForms .tmp files still.
David is there way/utility to attempt to re-re-encode the temp files after the fact?

David Newman May 30th, 2007 05:07 PM

Rename the tmp file to *.m2t and you should be able to convert it.

Salah Baker May 30th, 2007 07:21 PM

Thanks,
Figured that was the case, BTW what is the other tmp file?Data?

David Newman May 31st, 2007 08:49 AM

Which file? I only know of the one file.