Cineform crashes or wont run on some runs on others? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 13th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #1
Major Player

Cineform crashes or wont run on some runs on others?

OK so I asked about Sony Vegas and cineform and was told to read more, much of which has said it does little to boost performance for many and takes up a lot of space but is less compressed if it will be recompressed again, and a few had issues of it not working and others swear it is great, and I was told to download and try it. So I did and so far it will not play on one system, plays on two others, but one it crashes both vegas and windows media player, in fact it crashed vegas so badly that it would not restart and had to be reinstalled???

on the systems it did work it plays in vegas very slow and choppy in preview, just like a windows media file or mt2 is this normal? the systems are a dual core 5000 with gt8600 and gt6200 cards, 4 gigs of ram, and a quad core with gt8600 am 4 gigs of ram both have sata 500 gig drives running a OS and vegas on one, and at least two other interenals for capture and render plus external esata drives. What should happen? is this normal?
Stephen Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #2
Major Player

so after 5 attempts to fix it it seems the neo viewer had to be removed to get vegas to even reinstall, any reason or known issue there?
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:57 PM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That make no sense to me. NEO Player only add VFW decoder, and DirectShow decoder (which Vegas doesn't use.) Seems that something else is going on.
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:04 PM   #4
Major Player

I would agree, but at the risk of making myself more aggravated, I reinstalled neo after getting vegas to reinstall and work and again it would crash on attempting to open it, than I uninstalled neo player and it would open and run again, so now that I know I had to uninstall neoplayer and probably not uninstall vegas and reinstall it to begin with. On my other system I do not have neo installed and it plays the cinform avi in vegas, and on my older system I have neo and it also plays in vegas, though that is an older amd 64 running windows xp maybe vista is partially to blame somehow.
Old July 13th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #5
Major Player

I should also mention that the files created with cineform will only play as sound files in vegas once I removed the neo player, that seemed strange since it is running on another system that has never seen the neo player and is also a vista system. Its all a bit strange to figure out, I hate this about software/hardware and computers in general, since when it occurs no one knows why or how to fix anything.
Old July 29th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #6
Major Player

so tech support is very slow to respond, one email a day, and so far has gotten nowhere, am I the only one who has had this problem? the cineform files open in vegas 6 ok, and play but in 7 its audio only, and once I install either neo player or neohdv vegas 7 wont even open anylonger. Strange.

Any help at all?
Stephen Eastwood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase